Giant squids and colossal squids can have axons as long as 12 meters each and are among the longest single cells in the world.

Member of the Month (April Nominations)
Well, now that our competition has finished, Selly and I shall unveil our next little programme for all you fine folks: Member of the Month.

The Member of the Month will be awarded to the person voted by the community to be the most useful contributor to the team, be it through an outstanding contribution and dedication towards increasing the score of our team, assisting us with gaining exposure and bringing in new members, or being a friendly, useful member around the forums. Ideally, the member should have a combination of these qualities.

Here's how this works:

Step 1: Either Selly or myself will make a thread for users to nominate who they think should be awarded the title "Member of the Month", along with a prize.

Step 2: Forum members (that's you guys) nominate users who they think have been significant contributors to the team. To emphasise: Points are not the only criteria. Also take into account the user's promotion of the team, their willingness to help new users, their contributions towards the community (in the forms of this forum and the IRC channel), and as a whole just how much they'd be missed if they weren't a part of Brony@Home.

Step 3: All the users who have been nominated are put into a forum poll for users to vote on. Again, points are not the only criteria, and you should vote for the user who you think is the best asset to the entire community.

Step 4: The user with the most votes is given a special usergroup, a custom title, and a small prize (estimated value of around $10, yet to be determined).

There are a few base rules, though:
  • You cannot nominate or vote for yourself. Any attempt to do so will be ignored.
  • Any attempt to use fake accounts to nominate or vote for yourself will result in your immediate disqualification from all further competitions and give-aways. We can track multiple accounts made by the same person with ease.
  • You cannot win the title "Folder of the Month" if you have won it in the 6 months beforehand*. This is to ensure that a single user doesn't win every single month. It's best to give more people a chance.
  • The user being nominated must have some form of activity in at least one of our distributed computing projects, be it Folding@Home, BOINC, or otherwise, provided they are contributing for the team. While we don't want to put too much of an emphasis on the importance of points, it is kind of important to make sure they're actually helping the team.
  • You may only nominate one user. It's easier to manage, and there's no real reason to allow multiple nominations: a user wouldn't receive the majority of votes if they were no-one's first pick.

*This number is subject to change, depending on the amount of nominees in the first few months.

Nominations are always open, so you may put someone up whenever you please. On the 1st of next month, a poll will be held for users to vote for nominated users, and will remain open for a week, after which the polls will close, and a winner is announced.

As with everything involving the awarding of prizes, I will exclude myself from both nominating someone, and being nominated.

With that said, you may begin nominating members for the current month!
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
shodowbolt82 (aka. Bronyracer) just cause the bastard beat me in the competition

and because he likes Rarity
[Image: sigimage.php?u=623788&t=212997&b=rarity1]
I'll be the first to nominate Colgate, because of the wonderful IRC network he keeps going for the thousands of ponies that visit the Canternet network, including the Brony@Home IRC chat channel.

Jeolf, for the massive amount of help he gave me when setting up Steamheart Rarity, my big-advanced folding rig.

and Spazturtle, for keeping the IRC channel alive. Oh yeah, for some pretty kick-flank hardware too.
IRC channel Yay for brony@home (irc.canternet.org #foldingismagic)
http://derpy.me/gLbV2

[Image: sigimage.php?u=605723&t=212997&b=twilight3]

flaxative, seeing how he introduced me to the wonderful world of spoilers. And he has the second or third best avatar of the site.

Also, should the name of this prestigious award be changed to avoid the confusion with whoever folded the most? Perhaps just "Member of the Month"?
Retired from folding

[Image: sigimage.php?u=610116&c1=FFFFFF&c2=727fb...BBBBB&bg=0]
Blame Sellyme. It was his idea!

Originally it was going to be folder of the month, but that seemed like it only focused on F@H, so we decided on something more general.
I'll nominate StaCT, as a symbol of peace and friendship.

Also, I'll nominate you hiig. d'awww
[Image: 616872.png]
#727fb6 and #6c79b0
I vote Tiwake. Not only does his computer spit out the most PPD (by far, usually), but he donates some nice pizes, and he's an active, friendly member of the forum.

Hiigaran would be a shoe-in flaxative (what with being the founder and all), except he has excluded himself from this XD
[Image: sigimage.php?u=601868&t=212997&b=luna2]
(2013-03-05, 12:49:18 PM)ShadowOfDeath Wrote: I vote Tiwake. Not only does his computer spit out the most PPD (by far, usually), but he donates some nice pizes, and he's an active, friendly member of the forum.

Hiigaran would be a shoe-in flaxative (what with being the founder and all), except he has excluded himself from this XD

Whoops.

I rather like tiwake too; we could give him the first award in recognition of his contributions then move on to other people.
[Image: 616872.png]
#727fb6 and #6c79b0
(2013-03-02, 12:52:28 PM)tiwake Wrote: I'll be the first to nominate Colgate, because of the wonderful IRC network he keeps going for the thousands of ponies that visit the Canternet network, including the Brony@Home IRC chat channel.

Jeolf, for the massive amount of help he gave me when setting up Steamheart Rarity, my big-advanced folding rig.

and Spazturtle, for keeping the IRC channel alive. Oh yeah, for some pretty kick-flank hardware too.

Hiig didn't actually mention this, but we're limiting nominations to one per person. It's a lot easier to manage that way, and there's no real reason to allow multiple nominations: a user wouldn't receive the majority of votes if they were no-one's first pick.

Current nominees list:
Bronyracer
Colgate
Flaxative
StaCT13
tiwake

tiwake has already been nominated, so I have no-one to nominate at the moment.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=614439&c1=976aaf&c2=bab4a...&c5=976aaf]
Actually I did mention it. It's just that I mentioned the complete opposite. Doesn't matter either way for me, so you can edit my post, and the forum-wide announcement, if need be .
Nominating Sellyme. He fixes stuff and responds pretty quickly on questions (from silly old me or anyone else), so salutations.
while((universe&&humans)==true)
{outlook=dim;destruction=+1;humans=humans+shit;}

[Image: sigimage.php?u=632574&t=212997&b=derpy1]
I nominate ShadowOfDeath. He's an active user who contributes quite a bit points-wise to our total.
(2013-03-12, 10:38:15 AM)gildedkitten Wrote: I nominate ShadowOfDeath. He's an active user who contributes quite a bit points-wise to our total.
<3
[Image: sigimage.php?u=601868&t=212997&b=luna2]
I'm nominating Fang. Nominations are closing in a couple of days, here's the current nominated users list:
  • Bronyracer
  • Colgate
  • Flaxative
  • StaCT13
  • tiwake
  • Sellyme
  • ShadowOfDeath
  • Fang
[Image: sigimage.php?u=614439&c1=976aaf&c2=bab4a...&c5=976aaf]
Now that our first Member of the Month has finished (albeit one month late!), it's time to continue with nominations, so go ahead and start nominating people for last month (April).

For reference, March's winner: tiwake

You have 7 days to nominate who you think should win Member of the Month for April

SOON