Humans share 99% of their DNA with one another, 99.5% with their parents, 98% with chimpanzees, and about 45% with cabbage.

computer help
when i i try to game on 144hz it looks normal but it will lower it self slowly while i game as 144hz to 60 then more lower and goes black screen as you can hear some noises but then silent black screen and force reboot it self or stays black screen so not sure gpu or the monitor as i try old nvidia drivers and the new one and different dispaly port cables games and do the same thing still but the wierd thing i can wacth normal youtube like a cheap computer and benchmark not sure if there good  on 970 gtx from msi

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NWgPyf

https://imgur.com/aaxrYWj
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=lesu&FAHTeam=212997...=celestia1]
Well, your GPU is getting pretty hot and may be thermal throttling. Bring up MSI Afterburner hardware monitor and see what your clocks, temps, and fan speed do over time. See what your CPU numbers look like, too, in case the cooler isn't seated properly or if the thermal paste is bad. That's where I'd start.
[Image: sigimage.php?w=2793449&p=81403693&u=6281...b=octavia1][Image: sigimage.php?e=pinormous&b=vinylscratch1]
(2018-01-11, 08:37:08 AM)pinormous Wrote: Well, your GPU is getting pretty hot and may be thermal throttling. Bring up MSI Afterburner hardware monitor and see what your clocks, temps, and fan speed do over time. See what your CPU numbers look like, too, in case the cooler isn't seated properly or if the thermal paste is bad. That's where I'd start.

i set my 7 noctua fans 140 to silent and a d15 noctua cpu fan is that bad for a corsair 600q
(2018-01-11, 08:37:08 AM)pinormous Wrote: Well, your GPU is getting pretty hot and may be thermal throttling. Bring up MSI Afterburner hardware monitor and see what your clocks, temps, and fan speed do over time. See what your CPU numbers look like, too, in case the cooler isn't seated properly or if the thermal paste is bad. That's where I'd start.

i saw silent mode computer in a 7 fans on turns over 94 and full speed fans turns 91 but wont shutdown or go black and the cpu all ways stayed 50 or 40 and not sure how long can i use gpu 91 c on load as the game i used for it was left4dead 2 on 144hz 2560x1440
91c just doesn't make sense in that setup. It should be getting plenty of air. My current setup has worse airflow than that and uses a blower style cooler on the gpu (also a 970), and under full load on F@H (which would be just as, or more, stressful than any game) it's only at 61c.

Were you changing just the Noctua case fan speeds, or did you change the GPU fan curve in MSI Afterburner too? The stock fan curve is so conservative, that it will only ramp up to 50% fan speed under full load. Change the curve to hit 100% between 70-80c and see if that helps your temps.
[Image: sigimage.php?w=2793449&p=81403693&u=6281...b=octavia1][Image: sigimage.php?e=pinormous&b=vinylscratch1]
A few things that come to mind when i hear such high temperatures:

How did you setup your fans? Looking at the case, it would be best to blow in air from the front and bottom, and sucking it out in the back:
[Image: cpfYtx7.jpg]

You can try to put on new Thermal Paste: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDLQ7FjPMf8
And rule of thumb with Thermal Paste: less is better.

Last but not least: It might be a production error that causes this, so if you still got warranty you might wanna try if you can get that replaced. I had once a GTX260 which caused unending heat problems and i ended up having to underclock it.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=FinalplayerRyu&FAHT...age=derpy1]
(2018-01-12, 08:39:53 AM)pinormous Wrote: 91c just doesn't make sense in that setup. It should be getting plenty of air. My current setup has worse airflow than that and uses a blower style cooler on the gpu (also a 970), and under full load on F@H (which would be just as, or more, stressful than any game) it's only at 61c.

Gaming can use 120% power, folding generally doesn't go above 80

Regardless, this still sounds higher than normal for 'full speed'
[Image: sigimage.php?u=694644&t=212997&b=rainbowdash2]

SOON