The average human contains 10 times as many bacteria as their own cells, but the bacteria weighs only 1 Kg.

2017/2018 Brony@Home vs Team AnandTech!
"Hey! I love you guys (espically you tiwake!) and I want to join the competition. My folding name is 14flash even though my username on this forum is 14flash."

Time to bring back those good ol' CCCC memories.  I actually started re-donating again recently to BOINC.  The heater in my apartment smells bad so I was using my computers as space heaters for the winter.  Oh well, less prime finding more protein folding.
(2017-12-01, 02:03:53 PM)14flash Wrote: Time to bring back those good ol' CCCC memories.  I actually started re-donating again recently to BOINC.  The heater in my apartment smells bad so I was using my computers as space heaters for the winter.  Oh well, less prime finding more protein folding.

What is CCCC? I know what CCP is, I know what CCCP is... donno what CCCC is.
IRC channel Yay for brony@home (irc.canternet.org #foldingismagic)
http://derpy.me/gLbV2

[Image: sigimage.php?u=605723&t=212997&b=twilight3]

(2017-12-01, 02:16:57 PM)tiwake Wrote:
(2017-12-01, 02:03:53 PM)14flash Wrote: Time to bring back those good ol' CCCC memories.  I actually started re-donating again recently to BOINC.  The heater in my apartment smells bad so I was using my computers as space heaters for the winter.  Oh well, less prime finding more protein folding.

What is CCCC? I know what CCP is, I know what CCCP is... donno what CCCC is.

The Combine Community Charity Challenge or something like that?  It was the one on Reddit between Ponies, Benders, Harry Potter, and Adventure Time, and also the reason I got into distributed computing at all.
Hey! I love you guys (episcally you, person!) and since my computer is now functioning as a space heater I think I just joined the competition. My folding name is 7-11WasAnInsideJob because I am a horrible person.
Hey guys! Just dropping in a comment saying that my name on Folding@Home is the same as the one here: FoxWithGun. hope my R7 1700 + GTX 1080ti helps Twilightblush
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=FoxWithGun&FAHTeam=...=spitfire1]
Goodness, TeAm AnandTech may be in for it, with your team having so many people ponying up! TAAT has /edit: may start with/ the early lead, but that could easily change with all the ponypower you folks keep adding!

/edit: We're starting at 1800 UTC, correct? I noticed the chart has already restarted.../
[Image: sigimage.php?u=685285&t=198&b=octavia1]

ThunderStrike: 2P Xeon e5-2695-v3@2.8GHz, 28 cores, 2x GTX1080
BumbleBee, Devastator, WUSS, and Skeletor: Xeon e5-2683-v3@2.5GHz, 14 cores x4, 3x GTX1070/4x GTX1080
Mjölnir: Core i7-5820K@3.3GHz, GTX1080Ti
Hey! I love you guys (espically you tiwake!) and I want to join the competition. My folding name is ps17473
(2017-12-01, 02:22:11 PM)14flash Wrote: The Combine Community Charity Challenge or something like that?  It was the one on Reddit between Ponies, Benders, Harry Potter, and Adventure Time, and also the reason I got into distributed computing at all.

Ah, I've always heard of it referred to as "Bronies vs Benders", and they ran the World Community Grid BOINC project. Shortly after the end of that competition, that WCG team got tucked under Brony@Home's wing.

This is our first official Brony@Home competition against another team, and I wanted to set a more lofty goal. Beating TeamAnandTech will be difficult and can not happen without everyones help. Last year, AnandTech's peak points/day (PPD) was 50 million. Our current peak is 30 million.

We Need You.
IRC channel Yay for brony@home (irc.canternet.org #foldingismagic)
http://derpy.me/gLbV2

[Image: sigimage.php?u=605723&t=212997&b=twilight3]

Damn, I think I'm going to have to hold off on those drive upgrades for my folding rigs, if we want to hold our ground. Even half an hour of downtime would be bad!

Of the competition, I will say this. Whether we win or lose, look at is as a significant amount of help for science. If we win, it means we've come a long way since that tiny little thread on some forum. If we lose, we appreciate the fact that there are still many groups out there that contribute more than us.

There are no losers in the grand scheme of things.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
Not to ask for any mercy, and in fact the opposite, but I thought I would let you all know that I have cancer right now, and am on chemo.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=93494&c1=FFFFFF&c2=000000...&c5=FFFFFF]
5 x 1080ti, 2 x 1080, 3 x 1070, 4 x 980ti, 980, 2 x 1070TI
4 x E5-2683, E5-2695, 2 x 1950x, 2 x 6276, 6700k, 4790k, 1700x, 1800x, 2600k, I7 920, E5-2658
310 threads

I love your folds..I so love your folds..Since the the competition started Im not getting assigned any more sweet tender folds. Its my luck to be stuck waiting on the rarity server.."Egads ..you Cur! Im not going to assign you any of my fabulous work units!..You will just have to sit and Idle your perverted CPU"
YEAHH! This is my awesome signature!. With all kinds of Brony stats and rankings , cool pics of colorful ponies and princesses all updated to the minute so suck it down. WOOT!!
I want to join the competition. My folding name and name on the forum is SkyShepherd!
(2017-12-01, 03:14:00 PM)markfw Wrote: Not to ask for any mercy, and in fact the opposite, but I thought I would let you all know that I have cancer right now, and am on chemo.

You heard the man!

sudo nvidia-settings -a [gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=5000
sudo nvidia-settings -a [gpu:1]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=5000
sudo nvidia-settings -a [gpu:2]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=5000
sudo nvidia-settings -a [gpu:3]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=5000

(nVidia users, don't actually do this, unless you've got DICE pots or LN2)
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
(2017-12-01, 03:14:00 PM)markfw Wrote: Not to ask for any mercy, and in fact the opposite, but I thought I would let you all know that I have cancer right now, and am on chemo.

Fight is not over until every path is exhausted. Science shall prevail through teamwork. We have to.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=Talifan9&FAHTeam=21...luttershy1]

Hey! I love you guys (espically you tiwake and your saucy images!) and I want to join the competition. My folding name is noonespecific even though my username on this forum is noonespecific.

SOON