Giant squids and colossal squids can have axons as long as 12 meters each and are among the longest single cells in the world.

Rigs under $1,000
So I have taken it upon myself to focus on building gaming rigs that are cheaper than your average gaming builds, but at the same time, delivering equal power. I started this project 2 years ago, as I like to completely pay off my credit card before I begin a new build. I'll list my builds here, and ill also ask for recommendations. I'll include images later.

Build 1:
Case: DIYPC P48-W White (Later replaced by the: AZZA Solano 1000 Because I liked the look of it better and I wanted a 200mm Side Mounted fan)
MB: Biostar TA970 Ver. 5.3
Pro: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core, 4.0 GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) (This processor was sent to me with a malfunction, AMD replaced it)
PS: Rosewill BRONZE series, 1000-Watt Active PSC
Graph: MSI Radeon R7 370 (Later upgraded to the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. It was a birthday gift from my fiance, and because the other card didn't support 4K Res too well.)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16 GB (2x8GB) 240 Pin DDR3 1866
HDD: HGST/Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 (2TB)
ODD: LG Internal 24x Super Multi with M-Disc support

Misc:
ORICO 6619US3-BK USB 3.0 to SATA HDD Dockling station for 2.5" and 3.5" HDD,
2x OKGEAR 18" SATA 6Gb/s cable Straight to Left Angle W/ metal latch
Rosewill RNX-AC1900 PCE Dual-Band Wireless WiFi Adapter (NIC Card)
F3 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Adapter
STW 5.25" 6 in 1 USB 3.0 Multi function LCD Fan Controller Media dashboard Card reader w/ E-Sata and HD Audio interface

This build costed me $968 at first. I did make additions to it over time as you see.  But by then the Computer had already mostly been paid off. This was built 8 months before No Mans Sky was released, and I was able to play No Mans Sky and full settings with no problems, hitting 60 FPS at 4k resolution with no problem. Its the build I am still currently using to run Folding@Home, as well as do my Job.

My next post will Include my NEWEST build, (What I made for my Fiance about 1 month ago)
Have you seen PC Part Picker? they have search options, I just clicked on a few...

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/#c=409,4...X=0,101959
IRC channel Yay for brony@home (irc.canternet.org #foldingismagic)
http://derpy.me/gLbV2

[Image: sigimage.php?u=605723&t=212997&b=twilight3]

(2017-07-23, 12:08:47 AM)tiwake Wrote: Have you seen PC Part Picker? they have search options, I just clicked on a few...

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/#c=409,4...X=0,101959

I have not. Huh. Thats very intriguing. It could help me with build ideas. I have a credit card with New Egg, so I do almost all my Parts Shopping from them. So I could look up the parts on There, and see if New Egg carries all the parts. And build it. Very interesting. Thanks Tiwake.

I have a D&D Game I need to head too, but when I get back in like 6 or so hours, I'll post my Fiances rig, and then I'm going to start building the Layout for my "Raven Ridge" Rig, It will be hard to keep that under $1,000, but im going to see if I can.
So Rig #2:

Case: DIYPC Gamemax-W White
MB: ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+
Pro: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core, 4.0 GHz (4.2GHz Turbo)
PSU: CORSAIR RMx Series RM 1000x (This is a NICE Fully Modular PSU)
Graph: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060
RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133
HDD: HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 (3TB)
ODD: Samsung DVD Burner SH-224DB/BBE

Misc:
2x OKGEAR 18" SATA 6Gb/s cable Straight to Left Angle W/ metal latch (Blue)
Rosewill RNX-AC1900 PCE Dual-Band Wireless WiFi Adapter (NIC Card)
F3 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Adapter
Windows 10 Home 64 bit OEM

I didn't get as many Add Ons for this PC because the parts were fairly expensive, so I had to make cuts. But it has a Better MB, RAM, Graphics Card, and HDD than my previous Computer. I also had to purchase Windows 10 to go with this one. The final Price for this one ended ay $997.68 So it ended up being close. So Far, this PC has outdone our Expectations. Able to play Prey at 4K with all of its settings at max, at a 60Htz Refresh Rate, and 60 FPS Perfectly. no issues what so ever. This PC is less than 2 months old, so I gotta wait till I clear off some of my Credit Card before I try to build another rig.

SOON