Cancer accounts for nearly 13% of deaths worldwide.

A very sad server
[Image: R8QhlmV.jpg]

The inside of a GPU server at my office. If only it had a GPU or two or eleven....
Sadly it probably never will. Raritycry
[Image: nekolepsy.gif]
......is it a power supply issue or....?
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=Talifan9&FAHTeam=21...luttershy1]

(2017-07-21, 04:36:11 PM)Talifan9 Wrote: ......is it a power supply issue or....?

It's basically a loss of interest from my boss. A bit over a year ago he was really wanting to do GPU cloud computing. He bought the server and a couple GPUs and soon lost interest. He took the GPUs and put them in his kids computers. The server has been sitting unused in our lab for the past year and I haven't heard him talk of it since. The system is fully functional except for the lack of cards in it. Has plenty of power: 4x 2000W PSUs. Would be a great addition to our team if it had the chance.
Raritydespair
It...it looks so lonely in there!
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
(2017-07-21, 10:00:49 PM)Nekolepsy Wrote:
(2017-07-21, 04:36:11 PM)Talifan9 Wrote: ......is it a power supply issue or....?

It's basically a loss of interest from my boss. A bit over a year ago he was really wanting to do GPU cloud computing. He bought the server and a couple GPUs and soon lost interest. He took the GPUs and put them in his kids computers. The server has been sitting unused in our lab for the past year and I haven't heard him talk of it since. The system is fully functional except for the lack of cards in it. Has plenty of power: 4x 2000W PSUs. Would be a great addition to our team if it had the chance.
Raritydespair
....this should be illegal Raritycry

Can we raise funds for videocards to be stuffed in it to fold for the Brony@Home team?
IRC channel Yay for brony@home (irc.canternet.org #foldingismagic)
http://derpy.me/gLbV2

[Image: sigimage.php?u=605723&t=212997&b=twilight3]

(2017-07-22, 11:11:17 AM)tiwake Wrote: Can we raise funds for videocards to be stuffed in it to fold for the Brony@Home team?

I like this lets make a movie.

As much as I'd like to see it put to good use, it's still work property so I'm not really comfortable with putting non work hardware in it. I think I'll bring the subject up with my boss and see if I can get him interested in trying it again.

SOON