Cells produce their own proteins in organelles known as ribosomes.

[Worklog] RaiNBoW DaSH Themed RYZEN Build
Ooooh, the colors...
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=Talifan9&FAHTeam=21...luttershy1]

(2017-06-14, 02:31:53 PM)tiwake Wrote: How did you get that multi-colored power cable? looks so cool.

The 24-pin?  If so, CableMod Configurator  Twilightsmile

[Image: sigimage.php?u=658963&t=212997&b=rainbowdash1]
(2017-06-14, 03:04:30 PM)Talifan9 Wrote: Ooooh, the colors...

And don't forget where the colors of the rainbow come from  Rainbowlaugh

[Image: HD2tEp5.png]

I was led to believe they came from skittles.

*Insert Rainbow Factory song here*

(2017-06-14, 02:33:57 PM)PoNyePiC Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 01:58:27 PM)hiigaran Wrote: If you do continue with zip ties, this might be of interest to you...

Looks great, but the spacing of 12 wires with 11 zip ties would worry me  Twilightblush

I would try that same technique with thread if I had the patience of a god.

But in the end, zip ties might look great in a cartoony kind of build like this.  High class aluminium and glass, with plastic zip ties  Rainbowlaugh

I mean, metal zip ties exist as well...

But yeah, that spacing definitely wouldn't work well with the 24 pin, but you can still group them together. The neat thing with the zip ties is that you can make a group of cables run flat, and do right angle turns by varying the lengths of each set of cables. So the outer set of wires in a turn would obviously have longer cables, and the inner would have shorter runs compared to each other. Of course, you may need to anchor the entire set of cables to a fixed surface somehow to make sure they actually run straight, which you can do with the tie running perpendicular to the cables by looping the bottom to something (holes in cases, for example).
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
This thing is a pain to take a dark picture of.  Plus I need to invest in glass cleaner now  Raritydespair

I like the cables better now.  The glittery cutie mark shimmers as the fan lights go round and round.  The pics do no justice.  And of course, the RAM has a very fluid rainbow waterfall  Heart Twilightsmile

[Image: huY3Sv9.jpg]

Admit it. You went with a PNY card because pony!
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
(2017-06-15, 06:12:13 AM)hiigaran Wrote: Admit it. You went with a PNY card because pony!

I'd never.

However, it's just a temporary one until the EVGA 1080 TI comes next Saturday  Twilightsmile

PoNY

Oh glorious Cinebench.....

After multiple attempts, at stock clocks, I get anywhere from 1600 to 1650  Twilightsmile

[Image: F6sXRK3.jpg]

I thought I switched my order to a Samsung 960 EVO, but alas, a MyDigitalSSD M.2 stick arrived.  Oh well  Ajbemused

Well, I came home and my Rainbow Dash has Rainbow Crashed.  Thermal shutdown at 100ºC  Fluttercry

I assume the H100i pump has failed.  The block gets hot and a few inches of tubing near the block.  The rest is cold.  So I will have to RMA it and hope for the best.  I've had upwards of ten of these water coolers with no problems, so I'm not too worried about it.  That's why we have thermal protection Twilightsmile Heart

Too bad the 1800X didn't come with a cooler to use in the meantime  Ajbemused

I had a H80i pump fail a month or so after I bought it - sucked but I got it replaced OK
H100 pump is from cool-it. H110 is from asutek. Don't make the same mistake twice!

Love it! Its been almost 2yrs since ive been on here I just finished my Ryzen 7 1700 build but I'm running at 3.7-3.9Ghz as im sure your aware Ryzen performance is highly tied to RAM speed the faster the clock the faster the CPU performs. With my 1700 at 3.9 I'm pulling almost 1699 on the Cinebench15 running 2933mhz ram but of course the RAM is Corsair and it wont run stable at its rated speed of 3200... Also as you've seen some of those corsair units can be pretty hit or miss if they work for more than a week they'll most likely last pretty good, I've never had good luck with anything Corsair went through 4 of their PSUs until I got fed up and went with an XFX and its run perfect for 4yrs straight running 24/7. Ive just started the folding app on my Ryzen and so far it is a little better than my old rig (I stole the gpus from it cant afford an upgrade yet) but so far after only 20min my CPU has yet to begin folding I think its my slow internet that wont allow it to download. If you can rig a custom water loop I recommend the EK Supremacy EVO and thermalgrizzly or coollaboratory liquid metal my max load temps at 3.9ghz and 1.4v is 65C running coollaboratory but I run thermalgrizzly on all my other computers and it works pretty well also. Also get a D5 PWM pump they are powerful, quiet, and reliable if you're going custom, the non PWM is great too just cant software control it.

BTW did you manage to get any folding tests with the Ryzen before the Corsair Failure?
[Image: sigimage.php?u=668469&t=212997&b=spitfire1]
(2017-07-12, 09:09:37 AM)Sturds Wrote: BTW did you manage to get any folding tests with the Ryzen before the Corsair Failure?

Folding@home according to a lot of other people on the internet with Ryzen 1800x processors, seem to get about 100k PPD all stock and 2400 RAM

Welcome back, I hope you stay around a while Twilightsmile
IRC channel Yay for brony@home (irc.canternet.org #foldingismagic)
http://derpy.me/gLbV2

[Image: sigimage.php?u=605723&t=212997&b=twilight3]

(2017-07-12, 09:21:30 AM)tiwake Wrote:
(2017-07-12, 09:09:37 AM)Sturds Wrote: BTW did you manage to get any folding tests with the Ryzen before the Corsair Failure?

Folding@home according to a lot of other people on the internet with Ryzen 1800x processors, seem to get about 100k PPD all stock and 2400 RAM

Welcome back, I hope you stay around a while Twilightsmile

Thanks I looked up the issue with it not folding on the CPU and manually changed the thread count on the CPU to 16 and it seems to have added about 50k right now, will have to wait and see how it does with some more time under its belt. It kept getting an error message after it was able to get a good internet connection so if anyone else has a ryzen that wont fold try manually changing the thread count under "configure->select CPU->edit->CPU threads" it will default to (-1).

PS I might get a great deal on a pair of 1080's and if so I'll put my 970's back into my work computer and try to let that thing fold as much as possible, right now it runs as a remote office connection so its on 24/7 and it sits idle for about 20hrs a day. And I'll obviously have to make up for all my lost folding time by running the 1080's as much as possible!!!
[Image: sigimage.php?u=668469&t=212997&b=spitfire1]

SOON