About 20% of your body is made up of proteins, making them the second most plentiful substance in your body after water.

Setting up a Linux folding system with nVidia GPUs
I just have a SSH window open for each of my systems, but I suppose for more than four systems, that might get problematic. If your main system is on Linux, you could just use byobu or similar terminal multiplexing software to manage that. I'm sure Windows has something similar.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
What about power and voltage limits for the GPU's?
Rig: EVGA X99 Classified, Core i7-5960X 4.5GHz All-Cores, 2x GTX 1080, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, Windows 10 Edu
[Image: sigimage.php?u=730961&t=212997&b=applejack1]
I haven't tried it out myself, but apparently you can use GPUCurrentVoltage to query the voltage, and GPUOverVoltageOffset to offset the voltage from the current value. Again, as I haven't tested it, I'm not sure what units are being used, whether it's volts, millivolts, or microvolts.

A quick Google search suggests that you need to use nvidia-smi to do anything with power limits. Something else I haven't tried, or really looked into.
Alright, thanks. Guess I'll just have to role up my sleeves and get my hooves dirty (puts hoodie on to facilitate rolling of sleeves).
Rig: EVGA X99 Classified, Core i7-5960X 4.5GHz All-Cores, 2x GTX 1080, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, Windows 10 Edu
So I've installed Mint and have FAH up and running on the CPU, but either one of my GPU's keep getting "error: faulty" in the log as soon as it finishes downloading. I've tried having just one GPU slot with everything set to -1 and then 0.
Hmm, That's what my Arch install was doing...
Mine folds great in ubuntu server 16.04.3 LTS (I accidentally installed the entire desktop package, so I'm not sure getting server was that big an advantage)
Mint is based on Ubuntu 16.04. So it should be basically the same setup as mine.
What nvidia package did you get? I'm on 384.98 (package name is nvidia-384 if you have the ppa)

I'll see if I can install 384 on Arch this weekend if I get time, see if that makes a difference. I'd kinda like to switch away from arch on my rig, it breaks every time I update it...
But it's working and configured for a whole bunch of cool stuff, so if I could get it folding I'd go back to it at least until I have more time to fool with it.

Thanks for the guide Hiigaran, btw!
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=NightSkyPGSI&FAHTea...inbowdash2]
I don't think there should be too much of a difference between server and desktop. Mostly memory and bootup times. I'd guess reliability as well. Fewer processes running = fewer chances of something getting messed up. Still, if you got the desktop version running, it's probably not worth messing around with it any further, unless you want to do other things as well.

What I want to do is see what kind of performance differences there are between different kernel versions. Most distros don't keep up to date with the kernel versions, mostly for reliability and compatibility.
I'll have to find time to play around a bit more. I set it up over two different time periods, and I was impatient and frustrated in the first. Will probably start over with lubuntu (not a fan of cinnamon).
Fresh install of Lubuntu on a clean drive on a different PC, and I noticed a missing dependency after entering the second command in the guide:

user@Z77-Lubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i python-support_1.0.15_all.deb
[sudo] password for user:
Selecting previously unselected package python-support.
(Reading database ... 147176 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack python-support_1.0.15_all.deb ...
Unpacking python-support (1.0.15) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python-support:
 python-support depends on python (>= 2.5); however:
  Package python is not installed.
 python-support depends on python-minimal; however:
  Package python-minimal is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package python-support (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.6.1-2) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 python-support

I manually installed python-minimal with Synaptic Package Manager. I believe this is what I overlooked that caused my initial attempt to fail. I will make another attempt on my main rig tomorrow.
I've gone ahead and updated the guide to factor in the dependency problem in a new thread over here

I'm going to close this thread and redirect everyone to that thread instead.

SOON