Cancer accounts for nearly 13% of deaths worldwide.

[Project] WiGLE WiFi Mapping
I'm so close to hitting the top 400 now! These last few weeks have just been a battle where my rank keeps fluctuating between 408 to 405.

Team seems to be around the top 90 as well, which is neat.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
I keep throwing stuff in every once and a while!

I certainly won't catch up with Hiig, but I'm helping!
[Image: sigimage.php?w=2943722&p=81403693&u=6423...&b=pinkie1]
[Image: sigimage.php?e=ruthalas&b=pinkie1]
Wow only four out of eleven of us actively participating this month? We need to find a way to get more people interested in this. It's like Pokemon GO except actually useful to humanity kinda somewhat I think.  Derpytongue2
Rig: EVGA X99 Classified, Core i7-5960X 4.5GHz All-Cores, 2x GTX 1080, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, Windows 10 Edu
[Image: sigimage.php?u=730961&t=212997&b=applejack1]
I drop stuff in when I travel to new locations!

We could definitely get more people adding though.
[Image: sigimage.php?w=2943722&p=81403693&u=6423...&b=pinkie1]
[Image: sigimage.php?e=ruthalas&b=pinkie1]
(2018-01-28, 11:54:14 AM)BreakPoint Wrote: Wow only four out of eleven of us actively participating this month? We need to find a way to get more people interested in this. It's like Pokemon GO except actually useful to humanity kinda somewhat I think.  Derpytongue2

Well one way to start is to address privacy concerns like this one:

(2017-03-16, 07:33:48 AM)davidfg4 Wrote: I mainly stopped running WiGLE due to privacy concerns. They appear to make no efforts to anonymize or protect uploaded data. Given that the uploaded data is basically a tracklog of everywhere that I've gone, I'd rather not upload that.

and not ignore it aswell as put that information right into the first post. People that value their anonymity are likely to be deterred if nothing in that regard is mentioned with a project of this nature. In regards to privacy a quick search brought me to the Privacy FAQ page which states:

Quote:How do you keep my identity and location safe?

Just like the website, WiGLE WiFi Wardriving doesn't require real identifying information. We may profile your device, but don't need or want information that could be used to identify it directly. Your observed networks and traces are available directly only to you, but not traceable to you. If you're the first person to observe any individual network, you'll be credited with its discovery internally but the publicly accessible network data will not list your name. As a website, WiGLE doesn't re-vend your individual observations, only a trilaterated location based on a number of observations by any number of participants.

Which means that other participants or the public don't have access to the tracked locations, but internally still linked to your device/account. Which means that if their database gets leaked or stolen in one way or another the location of those individuals participating could be in jeopardy.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=FinalplayerRyu&FAHT...age=derpy1]
There is an upload anonymously option. Although it prevents you from being in a group.
Rig: EVGA X99 Classified, Core i7-5960X 4.5GHz All-Cores, 2x GTX 1080, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, Windows 10 Edu
[Image: sigimage.php?u=730961&t=212997&b=applejack1]

SOON