The Beast Slayer
Hard to say. It all depends on a lot of factors. When my roommates are home. When I have the energy to do something on the rare days I'm alone in the apartment. If I even get a US flight to order more cards.
[Image: sigimage.php?e=hiigaran&b=changeling1]
Okay, so the two risers that I ordered a while back have arrived. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's going to be a simple matter of plugging them in and giving them a whirl, as I haven't been able to get the card on the riser to work, or even be detected by the operating system, for that matter.

So, firstly, the good news: None of my hardware blew up, and all attempts to start the system resulted in a successful POST.

Now, the configuration I used was two cards plugged directly in to their x16 slots, which I had intended to use as references for PPD output, and one card connected to an x16 slot via the x1 riser. I know all the x16 slots work, as they usually hold four cards under normal circumstances. I don't know about the x8 slots, but I see no reason for them to be defective.

So, the current issue seems to be that the riser card is not being detected. X Server shows two cards out of three in the test setup configuration, which are the cards connected directly to the x16 slots. I've also noticed that under this hardware setup, F@H does not work. FAHControl shows a blank screen and a 'connecting' message, and the temperatures on the cards being detected are indicative of an idle state.

Another thing I noticed when booting up on the test setup was that it froze when the desktop started loading, but only on the first boot. My guess is that F@H tried to run, and somehow crashed the system, then never tried folding until I put the hardware back to its original state, at which point it resumed folding like nothing happened.

Either way, I tried plugging the riser into a x8 slot. Never made it past the loading screen for the OS.

Not sure what to do now. Waiting on some replies on other forums to see if there's some way I can get this running.
[Image: sigimage.php?e=hiigaran&b=changeling1]

SOON