Axons are nerve fibers that transmit impulses to other nerves, muscles and glands. One human axon can be well over a meter.

A VR Capable Build
Well, it FINALLY shipped. Will hopefully arrive before the end of next week.

I need to get a move on, reorganizing my room to make room for the Vive Roomscale experience.

Speaking of the Vive, it arrived several days ago, even though I ordered it like two weeks after the computer itself. It shipped the day after I ordered it I think, and arrived a day or two later.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=601868&t=212997&b=luna2]
(2016-09-04, 03:06:55 AM)ShadowOfDeath Wrote: Well, it FINALLY shipped.  Will hopefully arrive before the end of next week.

I need to get a move on, reorganizing my room to make room for the Vive Roomscale experience.

Speaking of the Vive, it arrived several days ago, even though I ordered it like two weeks after the computer itself.  It shipped the day after I ordered it I think, and arrived a day or two later.

That's very exciting!

can't imagine how nerve-wracking it must be to have the headset just sitting there.  Twilightoops

How much space will you have after the reorganization?
[Image: sigimage.php?w=2943722&p=81403693&u=6423...&b=pinkie1]
[Image: sigimage.php?e=ruthalas&b=pinkie1]
(2016-09-08, 07:41:09 AM)Ruthalas Wrote: That's very exciting!

can't imagine how nerve-wracking it must be to have the headset just sitting there.  Twilightoops

How much space will you have after the reorganization?
Frakkin' Purolator. They're holding my computer hostage!

No, not really. They've just got it sitting in their depot, waiting for pickup, except they aren't open on the weekends. At all. So yep, no computer for me until Monday ~_~ I swear delivery people make no effort to make you aware of their presence. I know I was downstairs. I know I can't hear very well. But really, I'm pretty sure I would have heard something if they had really tried to make me aware of their presence. I left a note and everything. But nope, they arrived during one of the bouts I was downstairs, rather than upstairs.

I cleared out a space around...6 by 6.5 feet or thereabouts I think? I exceed the minimums by a bit, but apparently there are games that will demand a bit more space than I have. Something like 8 by 10 feet? Anyway, I hope that my headset will be properly visible to one of the stations when I'm sitting down, because I don't want to have to configure the Vive every time I switch between sitting and roomscale mode. I'm actually more worried about the ceiling. I have a pretty low ceiling. I hope games in general don't expect me to stretch over my head, like, at all, because there is only like half a foot of space over it before I meet it. Heck, I'm sitting down now, and if I stretch up I can touch it....
Might have to miss Audioshield and Holopoint if you can't put your arms over your head. Those are two of my favourites :(
(2016-09-15, 11:25:57 PM)RoBorg Wrote: Might have to miss Audioshield and Holopoint if you can't put your arms over your head. Those are two of my favourites :(

Figured there would be something I'd miss out on, alas.

Anyway, I've used the Vive a bit, played some regular games, etc.

Even managed to run Kingdom Come Deliverance on Very High, though after 40 minutes or so, it started dropping to the mid 20's.  My GPU was only being used around 50% though, so it's poor GPU utilization that's to blame for low framerates.

Fallout 4 actually runs at framerates so high (sometimes over 200FPS) with vsync off that at times, the game runs too fast to be properly played.  I've had to use Rivatuner to artificially limit the framerate to 90.  This is with a couple of texture mods on.  I should try some ENBs.

Going to be trying that new GTAV mod soon, probably later today.  With all the bells and whistles, it's supposed to have a ~15FPS performance hit, but I doubt that will be a problem.

I had some issue with the computer where I resorted to taking it in to a shop to get it check out.  Turns out the RAM had been improperly seated (or came loose in transport) and was bugging out the system.  At first it caused my computer to completely depower out of the blue, a couple of times.  Then the computer wouldn't even post.

I ended up wasting two days and $45 on a problem I could have easily resolved myself in moments, if I had bothered to check the RAM and give it a couple of prods.   Facehoof
Turns out there was a problem of some sort, with my Mobo. It started dropping RAM and then pulling the same shutdown issue on me after I tried to reseat the ram. SO yeah, that 'Diagnostic Service' didn't help.

I seem to have worked around the problem by putting all the RAM sticks in the first block of 4 slots (two primary, two secondary). They're identical sticks, so that should be fine. It has been over a week since I did this and I haven't had an issue since.
That's pretty unlucky if it is the motherboard, at least it'll still be under warranty. You wouldn't happen to be planning on running F@H on this rig would you? Scootangel
[Image: sigimage.php?u=652873&t=212997&b=twilight2]
Welp, not a RAM issue this time, or even a Mobo issue. Nope, my friggen CPU died on me. Seriously, this rig has been a pain in the flank ~_~

NCIX is servicing it, since I've had it less than a year. Unfortunately they had none of the same CPUs in stock, so I've got to wait until one comes in ~_~

(2016-10-27, 06:21:48 PM)BestPony Wrote: That's pretty unlucky if it is the motherboard, at least it'll still be under warranty. You wouldn't happen to be planning on running F@H on this rig would you? Scootangel
No F@H on this rig. I'd like to, with its power, but I'm a bit gunshy after my last rig had a GPU die on it, most likely the result of extensive folding.
I'm not going to try to force you to fold on the GPU, it's your money after all, it does seem a shame to let all that power go to waste though. It has a three year warranty and provided it's adequately cooled it should be totally fine.

If you're concerned about driving it too hard, you can download some overclocking software (MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, etc). Use it to overcool the GPU and scale the clock back harder than it would normally if it's getting too hot.

For example I have no issue with running both my 980Ti's at 80°C 24/7, but you could set the software not to let the GPUs run over 70°C, in which case it would run the fans harder and dynamically underclock the GPU cores to suit your requirements.
I had actually done that on my (and temporarily current) computer, at least boosting the fan. Didn't stop one of the GPUs from dying. After the warranty would have expired BTW.

I'm not saying I won't ever fold again, but considering all the issues I've been having with the Luna cursed computer, I'd like to actually have it running without issue for a while first.
That's totally understandable, I hope your PC woes get resolved soon :)

SOON