Sagittarius B, a large cloud of gas and dust near the center of our galaxy, contains 10 octillion liters of alcohol.

[Site Project] B@H OC Design
This one has been talked about for a very long time. The goal is to replace our current B@H logo with one featuring an OC that somehow relates to our group (so something science-y).

There were two or three offers by artists before to create an OC for us, but those seem to have fallen through, so if anyone would like to vounteer to create an OC for us, let me know (or if you know someone who would do one for us).

Just to save time, the design idea I had in mind was a female unicorn (possibly wearing a labcoat, if it looks good), holding the Folding@Home logo (sort of hovering between the forehooves), and if it doesn't look obnoxious, preferably have the OC colours similar to the aforementioned logo.

An idea was pitched (and almost came in to fruition a long time ago) where the OC faces towards you, looking down at the folding logo in her hooves. Of course, if you think there is a better stance, or even design, then let me know.

If this gets done, credit to the artist will be given in the footer of the forum on all pages, along with a link to a page of their choice (be it their DA page, or whatever).

EDIT:

So here are the current three designs that we have (not necessarily completed):

[Image: OC%20Smirk.png?token_hash=AAFHXdezx16NW7...YIUvQ&dl=1]

[Image: zv6ciXk.png]

[Image: 8uqWqmH.png]

[Image: F%40H_OC_Alt.png?token_hash=AAF0Lo2EAq-E...tFI7Q&dl=1]

[Image: 2qvy0wn.png]
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
I'm currently working on other stuff, but certainly piqued my interest. What did you have in mind for the hair style? The colors are a bit obnoxious of the Folding@Home logo, so I've no clue how to even begin with a color scheme

Just playing around a bit here, is this what you're describing?
[Image: zhjbVqE.png]
[Image: sigimage.php?u=644565&t=212997&b=luna1]
I think using the site colours might work, the dark purple we use for the background as the mane colour and the light purple we uses for post colour as the fur.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=601870&c1=4A2463&c2=F2AB5...62F89&bg=1]
(2013-02-05, 09:29:13 AM)Spazturtle Wrote: I think using the site colours might work, the dark purple we use for the background as the mane colour and the light purple we uses for post colour as the fur.

Thought of doing that too Rainbowwild

Still consider this a 'rough' draft, but tell me what ya'll think

[Image: fHnoZRl.png]

Whoops, dang color schemes.

[Image: 1MoJckh.png]
Quote:The colors are a bit obnoxious of the Folding@Home logo, so I've no clue how to even begin with a color scheme

Yeah I figured as much, but seeing as my pony drawings are basically demon spawn, I couldn't really tell if it would have been, or not. I'm liking Spazturtle's idea. It would certainly be fitting. The only possible issue I see with it is that it would not stand out as a logo, which was why I was looking for bright colours in the first place, but if a dark OC with a bright background is done, then I guess that can negate the issue.

That said, your design already looks pretty damn good!

EDIT: Not sure about the mane, yet. I want to say something styled like Twilight, but I'm pretty sure that style has been done to death.
Last revision for the night, I have philosophy of law tomorrow and haven't read the chapter yet.

[Image: so_much_studying.gif]

Agreed that this isn't much of a logo yet, I was just working out the character design. I'll try to put her in a neat stance or something later. If you think of anything to do with the hair or anything else let me know

[Image: i9pq65q.png]
Well apart from the edit in my previous post...I got nothin'

Now study away!

Honestly, I wish I had the patience to study. Or rather, the patience to study anything with maths in it. I hate numbers beyond geometry, algebra and calculus!
I drew this. I'll finish it.

[Image: wqPZpHl.png]
[Image: 616872.png]
#727fb6 and #6c79b0
I finished it.

[Image: 8uqWqmH.png]

In hindsight, looks an awful lot like Colgate, but I can change it if need be.

I suppose I can add a horn later; I'll admit I didn't really read what you were looking for. Also, the lab coat. Yeah.
[Image: 616872.png]
#727fb6 and #6c79b0
Hey, my idea was just a suggestion. If you think something else is better, more power to you!

I haven't actually given any thought to what to do with multiple artists. Site vote? Not sure how to use multiple designs...

I'll have to get back to you guys on that one.
(2013-02-05, 10:33:54 AM)hiigaran Wrote: Well apart from the edit in my previous post...I got nothin'

Now study away!

Honestly, I wish I had the patience to study. Or rather, the patience to study anything with maths in it. I hate numbers beyond geometry, algebra and calculus!
I despise calculus... and im an engineer... well close to... but still... i barely passed calculus.and im doing just fine...
[Image: sigimage.php?u=623788&t=212997&b=rarity1]
It's really just advanced integration that's an issue.
(2013-02-06, 02:17:50 AM)hiigaran Wrote: It's really just advanced integration that's an issue.

I could prolly count with 1 hand the amount of times I've used integrals outside of calculus...
[Image: sigimage.php?u=623788&t=212997&b=rarity1]
im thinking of doing one, when i have time over my half term, next week
[Image: sigimage.php?u=630792&t=212997&b=guitaristemily][Image: sigimage.php?u=630792&c1=7edfff&c2=7364b...df2f9&bg=0]
(2013-02-06, 02:56:54 AM)Luis_GT Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 02:17:50 AM)hiigaran Wrote: It's really just advanced integration that's an issue.

I could prolly count with 1 hand the amount of times I've used integrals outside of calculus...

I don't even need to use hands to count how many times I've used most of my maths outside of lessons!

SOON