It is estimated that there are over four hundred billion stars in our galaxy alone.

February 2016 Competition: Maximum Science
That's actually another thing. Ignore the PPD until it has had a chance to run for a few hours. PPD can fluctuate wildly sometimes.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
(2016-02-01, 03:29:30 PM)hiigaran Wrote: I think he meant specs.

What exact model of your 2.4 Ghz CPU is it again?

As for your overclocked one, it could be that you've overclocked it to borderline instability. At this point, it still works, and you won't get any errors or BSODs thrown up, but performance will drop a bit, unless you either raise the voltage to compensate, or bring the clocks back a tiny bit (usually only 20 or 30 mhz)

(2016-02-01, 03:14:57 PM)Rainboom_Dash Wrote: Yeah, so.... my desktop is saying it's getting about 25000 PPD for just the processor so why did my old desktop only say about 500 for the processor?

I mean the processor didn't suck THAT much, did it?

Oh well... as I said I have it unplugged so no need to worry about it

Could be several things. Ageing hardware, first work unit on a new FAHCore, throttling...

Not sure on the exact model of the processor and it's unplugged right now so I can't check but all the processors are stable... I actually got a sweet 3.7ghz with only 0.975 volts on my 3770K

My laptop is like 1.1 volts at 3.4ghz... WAY more voltage than it needs... think I might turn it down to stock clock since for some reason dell doesn't let you turn down the voltage but lets you turn up the voltage which makes no sense...
(2016-02-01, 03:33:26 PM)Rainboom_Dash Wrote:
(2016-02-01, 03:31:42 PM)Rainboom_Dash Wrote: It wasn't throttling... but the processor was really old

Anyway the desktop that has the 7850 HD in it just went up to about 200000 PPD :o

And it went back down to 100000..... okay then?

I guess it does say estimated

Wait at least a day, preferably 2-3, before trusting Points per Day. It's unstable until then, since it depends on the work units you happen to download.

As for the old proc (processor, I've been at this too long..), I think it's the architecture. Can't say for sure without knowing the model, but if its a Core series or a Pentium 4, then they are missing a number of new instruction sets and optimizations Intel has made over the last decade. This is also what causes confusion among people who compare the performance of their 3.2Ghz Haswell i5 to a 3.4Ghz Pentium 4. (i5 will outstrip a P4 on a single-threaded benchmark by a huge margin)
Sorry for making so many posts but... is there a reason why I only gained 2000 points for 2 cpu projects that had at least around like 10000 total with bonus points...

It says to be eligible for bonus points you have to have completed 10 WUs with 80% completion

And I've done over 10 with at least 90% completion...

Oh well I'll wait a day or two and see what happens

Also, how did you determine that it should be valued 10 000 points? If you're basing it off the PPD value, that's not the right indicator.
(2016-02-01, 04:05:54 PM)hiigaran Wrote: You did add a passcode, right?

Also, how did you determine that it should be valued 10 000 points? If you're basing it off the PPD value, that's not the right indicator.

...yes

"estimated credit"

nevermind I think I just needed to wait a few minutes... my points just went up a bunch

If I do eyewire I think I could get a lot more points... I honestly haven't even tried eyewire yet

ohhhhhhh I was looking at This page when I should of been looking at This page

One was outdated by 2 WUs
Eyewire is probably going to be the sole reason I lose this.
Just remember that even though the maximum points that can be awarded in either event makes up for half the final score each, participating in both will improve your chances of winning exponentially. Otherwise, you're instantly denying yourself 100 our of the total 200 points

whaaaaaaaaaaaat

[Image: gyGknOx.png]
(2016-02-01, 04:39:32 PM)Rainboom_Dash Wrote: "Find out how to enable it!"

What version of chrome are you running?

And have you done any setting or flag changes?
(2016-02-01, 04:44:11 PM)TehLizard Wrote:
(2016-02-01, 04:39:32 PM)Rainboom_Dash Wrote: "Find out how to enable it!"

What version of chrome are you running?

And have you done any setting or flag changes?

[font='Segoe UI', Tahoma, sans-serif]48.0.2564.97 m (64-bit)[/font]

[font='Segoe UI', Tahoma, sans-serif]and not sure...[/font]

[font='Segoe UI', Tahoma, sans-serif]Um... "enable webgl draft extensions" is disabled... but I don't think that would be an issue?[/font]

copy and paste... you have messed up the text
(2016-02-01, 04:49:54 PM)TehLizard Wrote:
(2016-02-01, 04:47:03 PM)Rainboom_Dash Wrote: [font='Segoe UI', Tahoma, sans-serif]48.0.2564.97 m (64-bit)[/font]

[font='Segoe UI', Tahoma, sans-serif]and not sure...[/font]

[font='Segoe UI', Tahoma, sans-serif]Um... "enable webgl draft extensions" is disabled... but I don't think that would be an issue?[/font]

copy and paste... you have messed up the text

Try Firefox.
Yeah.. Firefox works

Weird... eyewire worked fine on my laptop and it uses Chrome
Going to move all the posts over to this thread, just to keep things less cluttered.

EDIT: For everyone else wondering what the heck I'm talking about, nothing to see here. Move along!
Let there be SCIENCE!
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=Talifan9&FAHTeam=16...=twilight1]

SOON