Hundreds of asteroids are discovered on a daily basis.

February 2016 Competition: Maximum Science
Okay, initial stats have been recorded, and are now public.

That being said, the following people currently do not have any starting scores in Folding@Home:

DeadParrot222
Fir3Chi3f
JhanveyPony
Joshywooful
kage/keystroke
mememan
PON135
ZoeyVS

If your name is in this list, please ensure your have the team number set to 212997 or I cannot find your stats. If you have already set the team, open your task manager and double-check to see if there is any CPU activity. If you still can't figure out why you have no scores yet, and you have been folding since before the competition began, make a post here and we can provide some troubleshooting for you.

The following people without scores in EyeWire:

ave0000
BestPony
DankSquad
DavidSilver
DeadParrot222
EldenAndel/eldenandel
JhanveyPony
Joshywooful
kage/keystroke
karstvgl
Krystal_Flores
MachEntertainment
mememan
Nightsun33
PON135
Rainboom_Dash
Ruthalas
snake8head
Sugargrape
ZoeyVS
ps17473

I know several do not wish to participate in this event, so if your name is here, ignore it. For the rest of you, double-check your user names. You should begin to receive points once you have started your practice cubes, but if there are any issues, let me know.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
Fairly new to this, but a friend convinced me to join.  I'll take part in this whole thing as well!

I'm Dawnfire on Folding@Home, and Dawn_fire on Eyewire
Added!
Got a good start so far (I think)
[Image: sigimage.php?u=696078&t=212997&b=luna2]
F@H: Justino
Eyewire: Justino99

Time to put the new build to work.
Thanks For Your Time, 
Justino
I didnt even realize i was 3 hours late, well better late than never.
Thanks For Your Time, 
Justino
Not a problem. Already added your stats.
Oh, it started at 00:00 UTC *facepalm*

Time to get off my tush and finish these builds then...
finshed my test cubes I am not good at this
[Image: sigimage.php?u=643785&t=212997&b=twilight1]
Bad news, the stock cooler can't take even light folding. It keeps rising to above 80, for a little while was almost touching 90. think I will have to try a different setup tomorrow after classes, might just *borrow* an intel cooler from my tech teacher.
So a 5750 HD is not very good for folding, huh?

It says I'm only getting about 2000 PPD with the processor and video card combined and I'm getting 63000 PPD on my laptop

Oh well... I got other computers which are much better than the old desktop

Apparently running 3 desktops and a laptop in the same room heat the room up A LOT
Might have configured it in a way that can fold till i get a better cooler, only letting FAH use one thread of my cpu, and all my liqiud cooled GPU goodness.
Thanks For Your Time, 
Justino
This is on your new rig, right? The stock cooler should be able to do its job. Is the heatsink firmly secured?

(2016-02-01, 01:46:54 PM)Rainboom_Dash Wrote: So a 5750 HD is not very good for folding, huh?

It says I'm only getting about 2000 PPD with the processor and video card combined and I'm getting 63000 PPD on my laptop

Apparently running 3 desktops and a laptop in the same room heat the room up A LOT

What happens if you disable CPU folding completely, and just let the video card fold? Because of the way ATI/AMD video cards work, they need a CPU core to themselves, so a lot of people end up benefiting from leaving the CPU completely free.
(2016-02-01, 01:46:54 PM)Rainboom_Dash Wrote: So a 5750 HD is not very good for folding, huh?

The heat is actually beneficial if you use it right. For example, I haven't had to run my apartment's heaters at all this winter. 

Waste heat is no longer wasteful!
What happens if you disable CPU folding completely, and just let the video card fold? Because of the way ATI/AMD video cards work, they need a CPU core to themselves, so a lot of people end up benefiting from leaving the CPU completely free.
[/quote]

I tried that... ran it for at least around 10 minutes with cpu disabled... didn't go any faster

And I waited at least about 30 minutes to even look at the time remaining to make sure it finished its calculations for time remaining/points

Also for some reason it clocked down the already terrible video card from 700 to 400mhz core clock and it's running at about 98% usage so no idea why it did that

I'm just going to unplug it... it's really awful and it says it's going to take about 10 days just to complete one video card project and the cpu project is more like 20 hours but it says it's only going to reward like 500 points...

I'll just run my other computers... not sure why I'm even running the 5750... I have a 7970 and a 7850 and a 680m GTX and... I forgot what the other desktop is but it's MUCH faster than the one I got in 2008

"The heat is actually beneficial if you use it right" Yeah.. well it's only about 13C (57°F) outside so the room doesn't really need to be warmed up...

So I opened a window... problem solved :) I'm just going to unplug that old desktop...

SOON