The human brain consumes over 20% of your oxygen.

February 2016 Competition: Maximum Science
[Image: commission__science_png_by_zutheskunk-d6djqeu.png]
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
Why does it say my points are only at about 14000 I should have way more than that by now... right?

My desktop says it's getting about 180000 PPD my other desktop is saying about 90000 PPD and my laptop is saying 50000 PPD and I've been running it for about 8 hours

And I'm pretty sure multiple WUs have been submitted since then

I'll check it in the morning... err later in the morning (it's 5:24am right now)

I should get to bed soon

It just went up a bunch, okay seriously why am I still up...
I.. I'm helping.. I think... Eep.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=696078&t=212997&b=luna2]
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=Talifan9&FAHTeam=16...=twilight1]
davidfg4 created that stat script, so best to ask him. Keep in mind that his stats are separate. The stats you see on the spreadsheet are added manually by me, and I plan to update them roughly once a week (based around my work schedule, since I could be unavailable for days at a time). I have a cell that shows when it was updated last.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
(2016-02-01, 09:11:55 PM)Rainboom_Dash Wrote: Why does it say my points are only at about 14000 I should have way more than that by now... right?

My desktop says it's getting about 180000 PPD my other desktop is saying about 90000 PPD and my laptop is saying 50000 PPD and I've been running it for about 8 hours

And I'm pretty sure multiple WUs have been submitted since then

My page is updated every hour, directly from the F@H scores pages. Even after a work unit has been uploaded it may take some time to validate, so just be patient and wait at least 24 hours for your daily PPD to stabilize. You will not get 1/3 your advertised PPD in the first 8 hours of folding because you get points for a work unit after it is done. Make sure all of your clients have your username and team number entered. If you want more info on your scores you can also check the Extreme Overclocking site which is only updated every three hours, but does show history.

The PPD for the processor WU is pretty low on my laptop only showing about 4500... well okay so the weird thing is it showed 4500 just about 15min ago then went down to 2300 and then just a minute ago went back up to 4100

But my 3770K is 16500 and my 4770K is about 17000 with same clock speed

So the laptop processor is only about 30% less clock speed (2.7ghz versus 3.7ghz) but it's getting less than a third the points...

All processors are quad core hyperthreaded

The laptop processor and 3770K I both got in 2012 so... should be about the same performance for the same clock speed, right?

Both are Intel

Processor on laptop is pretty cool around 65C... it doesn't start throttling until at least around 90C or so and that might be because of power limits not temperature

Also the video card in the laptop is getting about the same amount of points as the 7850 HD

But the streaming processors/shading units or whatever you call them is 1024 for the 7850 HD and 1344 for the 680m gtx... I guess clock speed is lower though

I just looked up the floating-point teraflops and the 7850 is about 1.75 and the 680m is about 1.93

So... I guess 47000 for the laptop and 49000 for the 7850 HD is normal... Okay actually stock clock is 800mhz and I have it set to 950mhz

So I guess the points are pretty accurate actually

It looks like Dell overclocks the 680m from 719mhz to 758mhz

I will admit that for the processor PPD I was installing afterburner... don't think that would HALVE the PPD though

*sigh* I'll just... wait a bit and see what happens I guess..? Really all I can do

I would think Nvidia would perform better overall than AMD

Laptop processor is still saying 4100 PPD... it's almost a quarter of what the desktop processors are getting

I'm confusing myself... guess I have another computer I can run (besides that one that got 2000 PPD ugh...) I'm actually curious what PPD it'll get

Wow... PPD just dropped down to 200 on the laptop

So.. TL;LD version: getting less than a 1/3 less PPD on laptop versus desktop computers with 2.7ghz versus 3.7ghz
Ugh... for some reason it's not letting me monitor the temps on my parents computer

I tried speccy, afterburner, and cpuid and afterburner paused during installation and never finished and speccy said "searching for hardware" or something of that sort and I waited a few minutes and nothing happened and cpuid froze for 10-15 seconds after opening then said it sensed a computer but nothing else...

I just have it on light folding right now but it's a 750 ti which actually doesn't look too too bad so I'm hoping it'll get decent PPD

I don't want to burn anything up though... it SHOULD be fine but I just want to make sure... but it's not letting me :(

Well... light seems to not be doing much... I tried medium and it lags the whole computer... I can do full on my desktop and it barely lags it
Regarding eyewire: Please be on your best behavior guys. They have pretty strict code of conduct rules. Already been a few issues with the golden crew stepping in to remind a few of us of them.

I suck at eyewire lol
(2016-02-02, 06:10:27 AM)Talifan9 Wrote: Regarding eyewire: Please be on your best behavior guys. They have pretty strict code of conduct rules. Already been a few issues with the golden crew stepping in to remind a few of us of them.

What do you mean?
[Image: sigimage.php?u=696078&t=212997&b=luna2]
If I only earned 15 points that probably means I didn't do very well right? I selected a lot of places but I think I messed up
(2016-02-02, 07:08:12 AM)Wackydude1234 Wrote:
(2016-02-02, 06:10:27 AM)Talifan9 Wrote: Regarding eyewire: Please be on your best behavior guys. They have pretty strict code of conduct rules. Already been a few issues with the golden crew stepping in to remind a few of us of them.

What do you mean?

If an admin steps in and reminds people to not spam the chat or to otherwise behave, it reflects badly on us.
(2016-02-02, 07:23:42 AM)Rainboom_Dash Wrote: If I only earned 15 points that probably means I didn't do very well right? I selected a lot of places but I think I messed up
Likely it means the other people who did that cube disagreed with you. However, sometimes your accuracy will be given back if it is determined that they were wrong and you were right after you submit.
Edit: Likewise, my accuracy rating may have gone from 98 to 86 because it is factoring in all of the new people's wrong input LOL

SOON