The density of a neutron star is so high that a spoonful of matter from one's center is estimated to be around one trillion kilos.

Team Application
I literally came across brony@home just last night and I was overjoyed. Most of the medical and biology projects you have listed fall within my range of interest and future career. I am interested in creating a team aimed at science majors and science major graduates. How would I go about this?
I'm not quite sure I understand what it is you're trying to achieve. Can you clarify a bit?
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
Welcome! Are you talking about Sub-Teams?

http://www.bronyathome.org/subteams.php
[Image: sigimage.php?u=652873&t=212997&b=twilight2]
Sorry. Specifically it would be a team for people in(or studying to join) fields that would allow them to assist beyond lending processing power.
Example: I plan on majoring in genetics(and eventually getting a phd) in order to study ways to potentially augment or support humans resistance to cancer.
Or: a psychology student with knowledge of cancer and other genetic diseases/afflictions(support counselor for patients)

Basically anybody thinking about or planning to enter a field where they will likely be working with information gathered from these projects.

I hope I explained myself at least somewhat comprehensively. I'll try to think of how to explain better if I didn't.
(2015-10-20, 10:54:14 PM)hiigaran Wrote: I'm not quite sure I understand what it is you're trying to achieve. Can you clarify a bit?

Sorry, forgot to go through the reply function Twilightblush see above.
(2015-10-21, 01:54:24 AM)The Warrior Scholar Wrote: Sorry. Specifically it would be a team for people in(or studying to join) fields that would allow them to assist beyond lending processing power.
Example: I plan on majoring in genetics(and eventually getting a phd) in order to study ways to potentially augment or support humans resistance to cancer.
Or: a psychology student with knowledge of cancer and other genetic diseases/afflictions(support counselor for patients)

Basically anybody thinking about or planning to enter a field where they will likely be working with information gathered from these projects.

I hope I explained myself at least somewhat comprehensively. I'll try to think of how to explain better if I didn't.

So what you want to do is to gather people in specific fields of medicine, and use their knowledge and skills to somehow contribute in ways beyond simply getting a computer to process data?

Assuming so, you can get involved in other fields of citizen science:

FoldIt
The human brain is better suited to certain tasks such as pattern recognition and puzzle solving, compared to computers. Using this advantage, you can help predict the structure of proteins, which, if I remember correctly, uses the results for other projects such as Rosetta@Home and Folding@Home.

EyeWire
Once again, you can use your brain's pattern recognition advantage to analyse the X, Y and Z axes 2D scans of neurons to create a 3D representation that can then be used to assist computers in mapping out things such as the human brain so we may better understand it.

There are a few other projects out there as well, but these two are probably the more popular ones.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]

SOON