The human body contains at least 50,000 types of proteins.

[Worklog] Bitters Mk3
I've been waiting for quite some time to be able to proudly present the third iteration of my main rig, Bitters. It's been several years I've been without a proper PC due to moving around a bit so I've spared no expense, most of this setup is brand new but some of it I had already, click the photos for larger versions:

[Image: IMG_0628_small.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0629_small.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0638_small.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0654_small.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0657_small.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0662_small.jpg]

Specification:
EVGA X99 Classified
Intel Core i7 5930K
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4x8GB) 2666Mhz CAS15
Intel 750 Series 400GB PCIe NVMe SSD
Western Digital WD RE3 1TB Hard Drive (Storage)
Intel X25-M 160GB (DAW sample storage)
Asus Xonar Essence STX II
2x Nvidia EVGA GTX 980Ti, core clock @ 1451Mhz
Corsair AX1200i
Corsair Obsidian 650D
Corsair Hydro H110i GT
Corsair CGK70 RGB with Cherry MX Red Switches
Corsair Gaming CGM M65 RGB
Windows 8.1 64bit

Freedom WSGF Edition Ultimate Desk Stand v2
3x Dell U2515H 25" LED IPS 1440p Monitors
2x Genelec 8020A Bi-amplified active studio monitors
Sennheiser HD650 Headphones
Herman Miller Aeron Desk Chair in Polished Aluminium
[Image: sigimage.php?u=652873&t=212997&b=twilight2]
My god, that is gorgeous. And Rainbow Dash would certainly approve!

I only barely noticed the PCI-e SSD. What sort of speeds do you get with that beast?

EDIT:

[Image: 4pAfCRk.png]
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
On paper and with synthetic benchmarks, it's one of the very fastest and most advanced consumer SSDs on the market today. I haven't run any of my own benchmarks, but in actual day to day usage it honestly doesn't seem any faster than a regular SATA SSD.

This is my first non-SATA SSD, I wasn't ever really expecting the experience to be as incredible as when you first go HDD to SSD but I can't honestly say I recommend going PCI-E. It might have been a better option to go SATA and free up a PCI-E lane, still, no major regrets.
At least with PCI-e, that's one less cable to worry about. No SATA contributing to airflow hindrance.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
Holy god, you got an nvme add in drive.

Also, does the sound card actually make a difference? Asus and evga boards have really good sound implementations on board.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=Talifan9&FAHTeam=21...luttershy1]

The sound card makes a difference for me as the headphones need a more substantial source to drive them than internal audio cards can provide!
(2015-07-26, 03:27:12 PM)Talifan9 Wrote: Holy god, you got an nvme add in drive.

Also, does the sound card actually make a difference? Asus and evga boards have really good sound implementations on board.
I've got an ASUS Crosshair V Formula and it does have pretty decent onboard sound, but aside from the extra power for headphones they might isolate from interference better.  I've considered, on many occasions, buying an add-on sound card because every now and then I get a high pitched hum on lower notes (when there is no other sound to hide it) but I don't actually know if that would help, or solve, my issue. 

More on-topic, I am super jelly of your computer, BestPony.  Things freakin' beast. XD
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=DeadMansReach&FAHTe...inbowdash2]

SOON