Cells produce their own proteins in organelles known as ribosomes.

Brony@Home "Burn it up" 2015 Summer Competition
It's interesting. No bugs, unless it's those moments when I try to run youtube and fold at the same time. Then I get a Video_TDR_Failure. This also crops up when I fold at Full Power for a long period of time.
I suspect overheating, mostly because my rig expels quite a bit of heat. I need to do something about that. (Edited sidenote: This was coming up before the upgrade, but it feels more...sensitive now to it I guess? Either that or I've been forcing myself to remember to pause before any major graphical activity.)

But overall, not bad! Just picked up a Steelseries Apex and Rival pair and they're running beautifully.

...oh yeah, the 14th is coming up soon, isn't it?! ...I really need to remember to activate the folding clients in my android phone and tablet. Kinda curious if that'll add to the score a little bit...

(Edit: Aaand it turns out it doesn't! For right now, there's no way to add a team to the android clients. Bah. Ah well.)
(2015-08-09, 07:58:00 PM)KTOdius Wrote: Competition runs June 14th 0:00 UTC to August 14th 0:00 UTC.

August 14

This coming Friday / Saturday already? Wow that snuck up on me a bit, this was quite fun.

Yep, we're quickly approaching the end of this little competition. Get those last few WUs in!

Hopefully I can start distributing prizes on Saturday, although it will take a week or two to contact everyone.
Anyone else folding on GPUs getting their flanks handed to them by Core_15 WUs? In the past few days I've started to get loads of them and they're decimating my PPD.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=652873&t=212997&b=twilight2]
I have no chance at this Twilightblush  Welp, at least its something!
[Image: sigimage.php?u=660956&t=212997&b=pinkie1]
(2015-08-12, 01:10:57 AM)BestPony Wrote: Anyone else folding on GPUs getting their flanks handed to them by Core_15 WUs? In the past few days I've started to get loads of them and they're decimating my PPD.

I've been getting some WUs that have been cutting my PPD by more than half up until yeseterday. But since early this moring I haven't been getting any WUs at all, maybe the server was running low on remaining WUs and was giving whatever it could?
[Image: sigimage.php?u=637271&t=212997&b=vinylscratch1]
192 and a half million points gained from 48 users.
I think this is quite good.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=658490&t=212997&b=applejack1]
(2015-08-12, 10:09:35 PM)Cloudwilk Wrote: I have no chance at this Twilightblush  Welp, at least its something!

It's the thought that counts! Not to mention everybody has a chance to win no matter how many points they earned! Twilightsmile

Well folded everypony! Looks like that's the competition over (if I'm not mistaken Rainbowwild ).
I mean don't get me wrong, it's cute that y'all think you're the heroes of this little adventure... but... you're not.
Welcome to Pandora, Kiddos!

[Image: sigimage.php?u=662821&t=212997&b=cmc1]
It's over? I can finally give my poor GPUs a rest? Pinkiesick
The answer to at least one of those questions is a no...
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
Aw man, you're a slave driver  Raritydespair

Stats are finalized and will not continue to update: http://scootaloo.com/bah_stats

Fifty-three competitors completed almost 200 million folding points in this competition, very impressive!

Using the same randomized square root method of picking winners as last time, our winners are:
  1. KTOdius
  2. PonyGrove
  3. beartwigs
  4. enginemaniac
  5. BestPony
  6. seatsea
  7. DavidSilver
  8. Sturds
(additional winners if necessary: SweetSkies, pinormous, BlueOrbit, Talifan9, DeadMansReach, CatAndDashSoup, eponabestpony, Keradon)

I will be contacting people in order via PM and email. (If you want to speed things up, send me a prioritized list of prizes you want.)

Thanks everyone for contributing, and feel free to continue folding. ;)
Darn it. So close :\
[Image: sigimage.php?u=680752&t=212997&b=rainbowdash2]
[Image: mlfw8488_medium.png][Image: mlfw8287_small.png]
Very happy with the outcome. This was fun.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=658490&t=212997&b=applejack1]
Congratz KTOdius! I hope to see your PPD increase significantly in a few weeks ;)
[Image: sigimage.php?u=675354&t=212997&b=twilight2]

SOON