The human brain consumes over 20% of your oxygen.

B@H Introductions
Hey hey!

Good call on running BOINC projects. The problem with F@H for systems not considered fast by modern standards is that you lose a lot of bonus points by not completing work units quickly enough. That, and the F@H options are lacking. No features to pause computing when certain processes are running, for example.

Despite my main systems rocking some awesome hardware, I still keep my decade old laptop, aptly named CraptasticLaptop. I only need it for downloaded movies/tv episodes, and the occasional youtube video, but at this stage, I'm really only keeping it around to see how long I can keep it running before it finally dies. Poor thing is missing plastic pieces everywhere, and the screen barely holds itself up, since one of the two hinges broke, but damn if it isn't the Nokia of laptops!
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
(2018-07-13, 08:22:28 PM)hiigaran Wrote: Hey hey!

Good call on running BOINC projects. The problem with F@H for systems not considered fast by modern standards is that you lose a lot of bonus points by not completing work units quickly enough. That, and the F@H options are lacking. No features to pause computing when certain processes are running, for example.

Despite my main systems rocking some awesome hardware, I still keep my decade old laptop, aptly named CraptasticLaptop. I only need it for downloaded movies/tv episodes, and the occasional youtube video, but at this stage, I'm really only keeping it around to see how long I can keep it running before it finally dies. Poor thing is missing plastic pieces everywhere, and the screen barely holds itself up, since one of the two hinges broke, but damn if it isn't the Nokia of laptops!

I repair laptops/chromebooks from grade schools, so I see them in that condition all the time . Twilightsmile What make & model laptop is it?
Rig: EVGA X99 Classified, Core i7-5960X 4.5GHz All-Cores, 2x GTX 1080, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, Windows 10 Edu
[Image: sigimage.php?u=730961&t=212997&b=applejack1]
(2018-07-13, 07:09:43 PM)AstroSnail Wrote: I wonder if anyone's trying to put BOINC in a PlayStation 2, GameBoy Color, or TI-84+CE calculator... Rainbowderp

Well Sony did release the Playstation 2 Linux kit; though I doubt the emotion engine ever would have been supported by F@H.The PS3 kicked butt at F@H because the Cell processor could perform GPU like functions before PC GPU folding was a thing.

The PS3 kicked butt at F@H because the Cell processor could perform GPU like functions before PC GPU folding was a thing.

Rig: EVGA X99 Classified, Core i7-5960X 4.5GHz All-Cores, 2x GTX 1080, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, Windows 10 Edu
[Image: sigimage.php?u=730961&t=212997&b=applejack1]
(2018-07-17, 10:34:21 AM)BreakPoint Wrote: I repair laptops/chromebooks from grade schools, so I see them in that condition all the time . Twilightsmile What make & model laptop is it?

Packard Bell EasyNote MH36. Nokia of laptops, I swear. I could beat the life out of someone with it, and it will still run.

...Probably with more missing pieces of plastic, but it will run nonetheless.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]

SOON