Giant squids and colossal squids can have axons as long as 12 meters each and are among the longest single cells in the world.

2015 New Years Folding Competition
Ok I am exited the competition. it keeps deleting my data and it is pissing me off. I just exited the program and I had to reenter everything. I'm not going to do that every single time.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=668102&t=212997&b=twilight3]
I would certainly love to take part in this :) My name is Vote4Saxon (or Saxon for short).
I guess I can give this a shot, my folding name is 007ghg7
I'm going to start, it's about time since I finally built my dream PC. Name is Frosty_Sauce
Pinkiehappy Hey! I love you guys (espically you tiwake!) and I want to join the competition. My folding name is Uncreative719 even though my username on this forum is also Uncreative719.... Ajbemused In all seriousness, I just got the program up and running. Might as well have my PC doing something useful when I'm not using it.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=668304&t=212997&b=luna3]
Hey! I love you guys (espically you tiwake!) and I want to join the competition. My folding name is cubedparadox and my username on this forum is also cubedparadox

TL;DR - I'd like to join the competition Derpytongue2
Hey everypony! I love you guys (espically you tiwake! (nice touch there. :P) ) and I want to join the competition. My folding name is Choco31415, and I'm excited to help you fight diseases and cancer. Yay
A whole bunch of new competitors and steam games for prizes. One person dropped out.

This is getting close to what I'm expecting this competition to be. Tell everyone you know that there are new prizes to be obtained. There may or may not be things shinier than an AMD R9 290 as prizes in the works. Also keep in mind there is less than one week before the competition starts now!

Side note, I don't know about anypony else but I had a fantastic Christmas.
Cheers
IRC channel Yay for brony@home (irc.canternet.org #foldingismagic)
http://derpy.me/gLbV2

[Image: sigimage.php?u=605723&t=212997&b=twilight3]

I had a great Christmas as well! :D

Anyway, I am curious. Is there a way to hook up multiple machines to the same account? I have a few idle computers at home, and I think I could put some of them to good use. Also, how would I get a signature like yours? Pinkiesmile
Oh wow it's been a long time since I was here.

I'd like to compete in the competition to see where I place, but I'd like to disqualify myself from getting any prizes since I won something in the last competition.

Once I get around to it, I'll host the scoreboard again this year with live updating of everyone's status in the competition.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=618404&t=212997&b=applejack1]
(2014-12-26, 09:11:29 AM)Choco31415 Wrote: Anyway, I am curious. Is there a way to hook up multiple machines to the same account? I have a few idle computers at home, and I think I could put some of them to good use. Also, how would I get a signature like yours? Pinkiesmile

Yes you absolutely can run the client on multiple computers. Just set it up as you normally would on one computer, just do it on all the computers.

You can get signature stats here, with directions: http://www.bronyathome.org/stats.php

(2014-12-26, 09:32:06 AM)Chief_Tyrol Wrote: Once I get around to it, I'll host the scoreboard again this year with live updating of everyone's status in the competition.

Thanks Tyrol. I threw up a quick stats page (http://scootaloo.com/bah_stats) but yours is probably better.
(2014-12-26, 04:07:10 AM)Princess Cadance Wrote: Ok I am exited the competition. it keeps deleting my data and it is pissing me off. I just exited the program and I had to reenter everything. I'm not going to do that every single time.

Have you tried changing the Config Data location during the install? It sounds like it isn't properly writing the changes you make.

[Image: TVk8GSq.png]
Try changing this field to something like C:\Tools\FaHClient\

[Image: hZfDTbE.png]
Then go into the folder's Properties menu and make sure Read Only is not checked.

(If you're a Mac or Linux user I can't help much. Sorry.)
(2014-12-26, 09:35:31 AM)davidfg4 Wrote: Thanks Tyrol. I threw up a quick stats page (http://scootaloo.com/bah_stats) but yours is probably better.

That's actually really nice! What are you using to generate the graph?
[Image: sigimage.php?u=618404&t=212997&b=applejack1]
Throwing my name into the hat. Might as well.

Same username.

Also, is the old BOINC group still going? I had completely forgotten about it.
(2014-12-26, 10:27:12 AM)Chief_Tyrol Wrote:
(2014-12-26, 09:35:31 AM)davidfg4 Wrote: Thanks Tyrol. I threw up a quick stats page (http://scootaloo.com/bah_stats) but yours is probably better.

That's actually really nice! What are you using to generate the graph?

I have a really simple bash script as a cron job that pulls down data every hour and stores it in a csv file. The webpage is a python script that loads the csv file and generates the graph (google chart api) and table.

(2014-12-26, 10:36:16 AM)Sanveefor Wrote: Also, is the old BOINC group still going? I had completely forgotten about it.

All of the Brony@Home BOINC groups still exist and people on our team are still doing work for those. While they don't count towards this competition it is still useful scientific work and we encourage people to keep running the distributed computing projects for as long as possible.

SOON