The human heart can generate enough pressure to squirt blood 9 meters away.

[Project] Muon1
Since there's a whopping three people here, I'm going to add a little info about this project.

Muon1 is a simulator and designer for particle accelerator parts. For those who are unsure what a particle accelerator is, think of the Large Hadron Collider at CERN (though particle accelerators aren't necessarily that large).

While Muon1 is partially assisted in BOINC via the Yoyo@Home project, since Muon1 also exists in the DC vault, I figure that if we are contributing to Muon1 either way, we might as well try and improve our stance by working on one of, if not the weakest projects we participate in

Muon1 Homepage

Since Muon1 is a standalone project, there is an installation involved, and it might be initially confusing. However, it's quite simple once you've done it. Install to a folder as normal, then in the installation folder, create a text file called "user.txt", and in this file, put your team and user information. The format for this, and examples are as follows:

[teamName]userName
[BAH]hiigaran

Note that the team name is BAH in between brackets, and that there is no space between the closing bracket, and your user name.

Once you've done this, you can start up Muon1 by running the muon1_background.exe file. You will have to add this file to your startup folder as well, so that it starts each time you boot up.

For the other current Muon1 users, Muon1 periodically publishes some of its best results, which you can take and add to your results.txt file, found in your installation directory. This is completely optional and I don't think it makes a difference to our scores, but you can improve the results of Muon1 by downloading the Top 100 results file from the home page, under Sample Results Files.

Here is the link, which I think should always be valid:

http://www.stephenbrooks.org/muon1/sampl...c2_100.txt

Just remember to check back on the homepage every now and then for the last updated date to make sure you're not just downloading the same file.

To use this file, copy the entire contents of that text file, and add it to a new line at the bottom of your own results.dat file.

EDIT: Have some stats as well:

Team-wide stats

Our team stats
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
This looks like fun. I'll run it for a bit on one of my computers and generate some points.
(2014-03-20, 04:24:02 AM)hiigaran Wrote: For the other current Muon1 users, Muon1 periodically publishes some of its best results, which you can take and add to your results.txt file,

results.dat, not results.txt.

results.txt is a file with the results your computer has generated since it last uploaded.
results.dat is an archive of past results that are used for reference, this is where the samples should be put.

Muon1 FAQ Wrote:How do I use the sample file? Decompress it if necessary and either use it to replace your results.dat, or edit your results.dat in WordPad and append the new results (being careful not to merge lines). The latter option will mean Muon1 can use your old results as well as the downloaded ones, so is a better choice.
Quoted from: http://www.stephenbrooks.org/muon1/faq/#samplefiles
Specially Trained Derp

[Image: sigimage.php?w=484539&t=81403693&b=twilight2]
Whoops. I was using .txt before for the users.txt and derped it.
One of my results just appeared in the 100 sample file!
Does that make me famous? :P
Specially Trained Derp

Just realised that my muon process hasnt been running for about a week. Not sure if it closed itself for some reason, or if it was somehow related to me running the computer for that long without doing anything more than hibernation, but I had to manually restart the process.

Selly, SXRXE and Spaz should check their processes as well, given how long since their last returned results (unless you folks deliberately turned it off).
(2014-04-12, 10:41:18 AM)hiigaran Wrote: Selly, SXRXE and Spaz should check their processes as well, given how long since their last returned results (unless you folks deliberately turned it off).

I temporally turned mine off while working on Leiden Classical.
I'll be working on Muon1 again soon, I need to make some adjustments to it anyway.

Remember when I said I was running at 80% while I was suffering from high temperatures? Well... I didn't tell it to work at 80%, it's just that Muon1 is not every good at using 8 cores at the same time, but I have a fix for that :P
Specially Trained Derp

Sorry was on the other side of the country visiting family so my rig was off-line.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=601870&c1=4A2463&c2=F2AB5...62F89&bg=1]
Back up and running at 100%. Though now I'm going to be working away again till Thursday, so don't expect much yet.
Specially Trained Derp

SOON