Cataracts are caused by the denaturation of proteins in the lenses of your eyes.

BOINC General
Eh, I don't think I'll bother. As long as it works, it's probably not worth the hassle of setting that up on every computer I run.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
Something I've discovered today is that if your CPU isn't being used at 100% for no apparent reason (and your event log is showing the right number of CPUs/cores), you need to go into the computing preferences and set the option "On multiprocessor systems, use at most X% of the processors" to 100% instead of 0%. While 0% is supposed to ignore that setting, in some cases, it apparently won't work.
Odd...One of the computers I have BOINC on is not starting BOINC automatically. The client is enabled in the startup list, but it never actually starts. Nothing in the task manager. To get the projects working, I need to open boincmgr. Then I can close it (either completely, or to the tray) to continue running the projects.

Any idea why? If it matters, it's Windows (7 or Vista...I forget. Probably 7).
For anyone who is wondering why they haven't been receiving any new WUs from SkyNet POGS, that would be because there are no more WUs to do. The project was officially announced complete as of ten days ago!

Make sure you've got other projects attached, so your systems aren't running idle!
(2018-05-12, 08:46:31 PM)hiigaran Wrote: For anyone who is wondering why they haven't been receiving any new WUs from SkyNet POGS, that would be because there are no more WUs to do. The project was officially announced complete as of ten days ago!

Make sure you've got other projects attached, so your systems aren't running idle!

Yay.  Now if only Rosetta would end.   Twilightsmile

[Image: sigimage.php?u=658963&t=212997&b=rainbowdash1]
(2018-05-12, 08:56:23 PM)PoNyePiC Wrote:
(2018-05-12, 08:46:31 PM)hiigaran Wrote: For anyone who is wondering why they haven't been receiving any new WUs from SkyNet POGS, that would be because there are no more WUs to do. The project was officially announced complete as of ten days ago!

Yay.  Now if only Rosetta would end.   Twilightsmile

What's wrong with Rosetta?
Rig: EVGA X99 Classified, Core i7-5960X 4.5GHz All-Cores, 2x GTX 1080, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, Windows 10 Edu
[Image: sigimage.php?u=730961&t=212997&b=applejack1]
Nothing wrong with it. But the sooner all projects end, the better, because science.
(2018-05-19, 03:22:57 AM)BreakPoint Wrote:
(2018-05-12, 08:56:23 PM)PoNyePiC Wrote: Yay.  Now if only Rosetta would end.   Twilightsmile

What's wrong with Rosetta?

My air conditioning bill  Twilightsmile

[Image: sigimage.php?u=658963&t=212997&b=rainbowdash1]
Okay, since there hasn't seemed to be a good update in a while, which BOINC projects are we active in, and which ones should we focus on the most right now?
The following projects show points earned for today, in order of most to least:

GPUGRID
Einstein@Home
Rosetta@Home
World Community Grid
Moo! Wrapper
Universe@Home
MilkyWay@home
SETI@Home
yoyo@home
Asteroids@home
NumberFields@home
GoofyxGrid@Home NCI
NFS@Home
SETI@Home Beta
Cosmology@Home
WUProp@Home
LHC@Home

Project stats for B@H can be found here.
(2018-12-14, 08:56:45 PM)hiigaran Wrote: The following projects show points earned for today, in order of most to least:

GPUGRID
Einstein@Home
Rosetta@Home
World Community Grid
Moo! Wrapper
Universe@Home
MilkyWay@home
SETI@Home
yoyo@home
Asteroids@home
NumberFields@home
GoofyxGrid@Home NCI
NFS@Home
SETI@Home Beta
Cosmology@Home
WUProp@Home
LHC@Home

Project stats for B@H can be found here.

once I can transfer important files off of my old laptop that I just recently swapped off from, I'll be dedicating that to running the bottom three or four projects by points earned, in an attempt to increase their levels and our overall one more (having read in the past that the higher level you get to, the more difficult levels become to achieve). Otherwise, I have both my desktop (when I'm not at it) and an old android crunching away at a little bit of everything.
with regard to LHC, sixtrack is a bit unreliable for tasks atm, sometimes there's a lot but for long periods there's no tasks available the others require vm or installation of a specific file system for native atlas.

SOON