The density of a neutron star is so high that a spoonful of matter from one's center is estimated to be around one trillion kilos.

BOINC General
Eh, I don't think I'll bother. As long as it works, it's probably not worth the hassle of setting that up on every computer I run.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
Something I've discovered today is that if your CPU isn't being used at 100% for no apparent reason (and your event log is showing the right number of CPUs/cores), you need to go into the computing preferences and set the option "On multiprocessor systems, use at most X% of the processors" to 100% instead of 0%. While 0% is supposed to ignore that setting, in some cases, it apparently won't work.
Odd...One of the computers I have BOINC on is not starting BOINC automatically. The client is enabled in the startup list, but it never actually starts. Nothing in the task manager. To get the projects working, I need to open boincmgr. Then I can close it (either completely, or to the tray) to continue running the projects.

Any idea why? If it matters, it's Windows (7 or Vista...I forget. Probably 7).
For anyone who is wondering why they haven't been receiving any new WUs from SkyNet POGS, that would be because there are no more WUs to do. The project was officially announced complete as of ten days ago!

Make sure you've got other projects attached, so your systems aren't running idle!
(2018-05-12, 08:46:31 PM)hiigaran Wrote: For anyone who is wondering why they haven't been receiving any new WUs from SkyNet POGS, that would be because there are no more WUs to do. The project was officially announced complete as of ten days ago!

Make sure you've got other projects attached, so your systems aren't running idle!

Yay.  Now if only Rosetta would end.   Twilightsmile

[Image: sigimage.php?u=658963&t=212997&b=rainbowdash1]
(2018-05-12, 08:56:23 PM)PoNyePiC Wrote:
(2018-05-12, 08:46:31 PM)hiigaran Wrote: For anyone who is wondering why they haven't been receiving any new WUs from SkyNet POGS, that would be because there are no more WUs to do. The project was officially announced complete as of ten days ago!

Yay.  Now if only Rosetta would end.   Twilightsmile

What's wrong with Rosetta?
Rig: EVGA X99 Classified, Core i7-5960X 4.5GHz All-Cores, 2x GTX 1080, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, Windows 10 Edu
[Image: sigimage.php?u=730961&t=212997&b=applejack1]
Nothing wrong with it. But the sooner all projects end, the better, because science.
(2018-05-19, 03:22:57 AM)BreakPoint Wrote:
(2018-05-12, 08:56:23 PM)PoNyePiC Wrote: Yay.  Now if only Rosetta would end.   Twilightsmile

What's wrong with Rosetta?

My air conditioning bill  Twilightsmile

[Image: sigimage.php?u=658963&t=212997&b=rainbowdash1]

SOON