There are over 100 types of cancers. Many can spread rapidly to any part of the body via the circulatory or lymphatic systems.

Strategic project contributions
I had a notice that the GARLI application (Lattice Project, I think) required 13 gigs from me a couple of times.

Your move.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
So, a few updates for those of you who don't follow the stats like a hawk...

Leiden Classical is now our 9th best project, and only 77 points away from becoming a 9000+ score project. Whether we continue until we hit that score or not, I don't think it will matter much. Doing either that, or focusing on a different project that gives more points would both be good choices.

Muon1 is still a focus project. At least for another few weeks until we hit the 30th rank. Past that point, there will be a lot of work required to get into 29th place, so by that point, we could divert all computing power and put it into another project.

For those of you running Docking@Home, the project is retiring, and therefore I assume the project will be removed from the DC vault's list. You can continue running it if you want, but I would recommend switching to other projects to rack up more points.

As for recommended projects, I would suggest running theSkyNet POGS, eOn2, and Malariacontrol.net, in order of preference.
I'm currently running on Blackjack (computer):
GPUGRID
Majestic-12 (When the connection isn't busy)
Muon1 (Auto-threaded)
Spatiotemporal Quality of Service [QoS]
theSkyNet POGS (Disabled when gaming)
WUProp@Home

P-21 (laptop):
Majestic-12 (When working away, when I have a good connection)
Muon1 (Auto-threaded)

I wish there was an option in BOINC to disable CPU only projects without stopping the GPU project. I have to manually suspend POGS every time due to framerate issues ingame.
Specially Trained Derp

[Image: sigimage.php?w=484539&t=81403693&b=twilight2]
Strange...POGS shouldn't be affecting your games. It's a CPU task, so it runs on low priority. The only things that could affect your gaming would be GPUGRID, since there is a lack of processor scheduling on video cards, MJ12 when it archives (or when you play multiplayer and lag increases) and isn't running in a low priority, and Muon1 when it isn't set to run as a background task in the config.
(2014-05-08, 05:29:39 AM)hiigaran Wrote: Strange...POGS shouldn't be affecting your games. It's a CPU task, so it runs on low priority. The only things that could affect your gaming would be GPUGRID, since there is a lack of processor scheduling on video cards, MJ12 when it archives (or when you play multiplayer and lag increases) and isn't running in a low priority, and Muon1 when it isn't set to run as a background task in the config.

That just seems to be a thing with Blackjack. Doesn't like single processes running on each core, but is fine with Muon1 auto-threaded. Also, I've set the config file in Muon1 to always run at the lowest priority.
But as I've said before, GPUGRID doesn't affect me in any way.

EDIT:
I tried out a few games with POGS active, no issues...
I guess it was just single-threaded Muon1 processes were the issue.
Ah well, now I can game without changing anything Pinkiehappy
Specially Trained Derp

[Image: sigimage.php?w=484539&t=81403693&b=twilight2]
theSkyNet POGS has just hit 7000 on the DC vault scores! Only 8 projects left that are under 7000 (including the 4 that we have no teams/points on).

After another week or two, we could divert some POGS power to malariacontrol.net.

Also, we need a little more help in Muon1. Just until we get the next two ranks, which are very close. After that, we can all take a break from it to focus on other projects.
(2014-05-29, 07:25:37 AM)hiigaran Wrote: theSkyNet POGS has just hit 7000 on the DC vault scores! Only 8 projects left that are under 7000 (including the 4 that we have no teams/points on).

After another week or two, we could divert some POGS power to malariacontrol.net.

Also, we need a little more help in Muon1. Just until we get the next two ranks, which are very close. After that, we can all take a break from it to focus on other projects.

Every little bit counts, right? Fluttercry

I just add "muon1.exe" as a background process (priority 4) to work with Folding@Home [in "Light" mode] at the same time.

- - -

Where can I check my points/contributions to the team [BAH]? (I set my user.txt with this):
Code:
[BAH]SilverComet
[Image: sigimage.php?u=657718&t=212997&b=luna2]
You'll find your stats over <a href="http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/stats/?team=[BAH]&sortby=Mpts&oldness=730" target="_blank">here</a>, once you have returned something. This might take a few days to happen though.

Also, you should run muon1_background.exe instead.
For those who aren't running malariacontrol.net on BOINC, I suggest doing so. Like Leiden was a few months ago, malariacontrol.net is giving us a lot of points.
We've finally hit the next Muon1 rank, so now we can give that project a rest and dedicate more computing to other projects, such as the aforementioned malariacontrol.net project.
Remove a client from Muon1.

Added a client to malariacontrol.
[Image: sigimage.php?w=2943722&p=81403693&u=6423...&b=pinkie1]
[Image: sigimage.php?e=ruthalas&b=pinkie1]
Turns out that not all projects that use the GPU interfere with your usage.

SOON