Sagittarius B, a large cloud of gas and dust near the center of our galaxy, contains 10 octillion liters of alcohol.

BOINC News
Always good to keep up with the latest developments with BOINC, and BOINC projects, so for those of you who don't use Twitter, just follow the links in any news entry that tickles your fancy:

EDIT: Feature broken. Not sure if it will return any time soon.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
It's been a while for WCG to start a new research, but finally it happened: Welcome the "Mapping Cancer Markers" project, which aims to search for a specific markers (a combination of parts of DNA and proteins) of healthy and cancerous patients. It will help to develop new and better ways to diagnoze and treat cancer patients. More information is here.

Also, I'd like to note, that previously this lab was running Help Conquer Cancer project.
My girlfriend's laptop has been running WCG for a while, and has picked up 70.5 hours of FightAIDS and 19.68 hours of The Clean Energy Project since that app was released, but none of this. Chucked my laptop on it to see if I pick some WUs up over there.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=614439&c1=976aaf&c2=bab4a...&c5=976aaf]
(2013-11-09, 05:54:37 PM)Sellyme Wrote: My girlfriend's laptop has been running WCG for a while, and has picked up 70.5 hours of FightAIDS and 19.68 hours of The Clean Energy Project since that app was released, but none of this. Chucked my laptop on it to see if I pick some WUs up over there.

It happens almost every time when the new project releases (a lot of people switches to the newest project just to get a shiny badge [well, like me Twilightblush] ). You may try to increase work buffer a bit in BOINC preferences and to block receiving any WU except MCM in preferences on WCG site: it should fill your WU buffer after some time (I had a few messages about unavailable work, but next time BOINC communicated with WCG, it brought a few WUs).
Yep, that's Selly alright. He loves his badges. He's our little badge hoarder. Or badge whore. I haven't decided yet.

I'm going to stick to the projects I'm currently doing, as those ones need some consistent output to stop from dropping in rank.
(2013-11-09, 08:56:20 PM)hiigaran Wrote: Yep, that's Selly alright. He loves his badges. He's our little badge hoarder. Or badge whore. I haven't decided yet.

I'm going to stick to the projects I'm currently doing, as those ones need some consistent output to stop from dropping in rank.

[Image: QU22wOc.png]

While it's undoubtedly true that Lattice Project and Constellation could use the help, we've climbed more positions in SIMAP this month than any other project bar two, and dropped positions in LHC, Convector, DistrRTgen, and YAFU.
I'm pretty sure SIMAP was my doing.
Mostly, but it should be clear that it doesn't need the level of resources you're giving it.
(2013-11-09, 05:54:37 PM)Sellyme Wrote: My girlfriend's laptop has been running WCG for a while, and has picked up 70.5 hours of FightAIDS and 19.68 hours of The Clean Energy Project since that app was released, but none of this. Chucked my laptop on it to see if I pick some WUs up over there.

Got a few WUs on my i7-4820K and i7-3517U. The credit seems all over the place, but the WUs seem to average about 2 hours on an i7-4820K, 4 hours on an i7-3517U, and 7-8 hours on an i3-3217U.

Credit given seems to have no relevance to work done, and instead is just more or less a random number between 40 and 120. The longer a WU takes (on a single CPU), the more points you get for it, so it seems like that does scale appropriately.

Remember that those points figures are for WCG, so on average, on a high-end CPU like an i7-4820K, with all 8 threads running, you'd only get ~960 points per day (70 WCG points average / 7 to get BOINC points, times 12 WUs per day, times 8 cores).

So I'd suggest sticking with FightAIDS, or, better yet, a completely different project, if you're concerned about CPU credit. I'm going to stick with MCM to get some badges, though.

AHAHA !
(2013-11-11, 09:42:56 PM)Sellyme Wrote:

Got a few WUs on my i7-4820K and i7-3517U. The credit seems all over the place, but the WUs seem to average about 2 hours on an i7-4820K, 4 hours on an i7-3517U, and 7-8 hours on an i3-3217U.

Credit given seems to have no relevance to work done, and instead is just more or less a random number between 40 and 120. The longer a WU takes (on a single CPU), the more points you get for it, so it seems like that does scale appropriately.

Remember that those points figures are for WCG, so on average, on a high-end CPU like an i7-4820K, with all 8 threads running, you'd only get ~960 points per day (70 WCG points average / 7 to get BOINC points, times 12 WUs per day, times 8 cores).

So I'd suggest sticking with FightAIDS, or, better yet, a completely different project, if you're concerned about CPU credit. I'm going to stick with MCM to get some badges, though.

PM ME FOR SOME FUNNY PONY IMAGES XD
[Image: 674397__safe_edit_screencap_twilight+spa...ies_tw.gif]
Mcm challenge running oct 15 to 31 compute for the cure https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/...ngeId=9180

SOON