Telomeres are genetic sequences found at the ends of DNA. They shorten with cell division and are linked to aging.

F@H General Discussion
my F@H client crashed and I didn't realise it for about a week
~Spy Pengen
[Image: sigimage.php?u=661255&t=212997&b=rainbowdash2]

CPU power!
(2014-10-02, 12:29:29 AM)spypengen Wrote: my F@H client crashed and I didn't realise it for about a week

Bleargh that sucks... I was thinking of maybe setting up some kind of monitoring service where you could get alerts if your production dropped - not sure if there'd be enough interest in it though.
Why not use a temperature monitoring program to generate alerts when the temperature drops below a certain threshold for a certain period of time? I know that SpeedFan does it, so I'm sure more sophisticated programs can do the same. Would be much easier to do than something specifically for F@H, no?
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
(2014-10-02, 06:29:57 AM)hiigaran Wrote: Why not use a temperature monitoring program to generate alerts when the temperature drops below a certain threshold for a certain period of time? I know that SpeedFan does it, so I'm sure more sophisticated programs can do the same. Would be much easier to do than something specifically for F@H, no?

Only problem with that is it would alert you every time you finish a WU.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=602802&c1=FFFFFF&c2=00002...&c5=0C8ED0]
Which is why you set both the temperature threshold, and how long it has been below it.

Also, what's going on with F@H output recently? We've dropped quite a bit!
That would be something that you'd have to install on your machine - I'm thinking more of a website that you just put in your ID and email address and it'll monitor your average production for each computer (don't know if F@H gives you a breakdown by computer but BOINC does) and send you an email if it drops.
(2014-10-02, 05:21:02 PM)hiigaran Wrote: Also, what's going on with F@H output recently? We've dropped quite a bit!

My computers have been offline for a few days. I'm currently scaling my system to breach the 1,000,000 PPD goal. I got my parts in the mail. I should have everything going by next week. I was going to wire everything together on the floor for the time being, but I don't really want to take it apart and put it together again. I'm building a little dedicated F@H crate. It should add 330,000 ppd. I will be using this crate:

[Image: IMGP0663.JPG]

[Image: sigimage.php?u=658963&t=212997&b=rainbowdash1]
Hurry up!

(2014-10-02, 05:36:31 PM)RoBorg Wrote: That would be something that you'd have to install on your machine - I'm thinking more of a website that you just put in your ID and email address and it'll monitor your average production for each computer (don't know if F@H gives you a breakdown by computer but BOINC does) and send you an email if it drops.

Problem is that points vary quite a bit, depending both on the work unit, and the time taken to complete it. That would be less practical than monitoring temperature, I'd think.
Whoo crate computers, usually only see them used for mining.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=601870&c1=4A2463&c2=F2AB5...62F89&bg=1]
(2014-10-02, 09:31:30 PM)hiigaran Wrote: Hurry up!

All Systems Are GO YayYayYayYay

I have all of the systems running now. So it should reflect in the stats by tomorrow or Wednesday. Winter's coming, and the weather is dipping below 40°F, 5°C, so I need the heat. It will soon stay below freezing all day. I have a fourth computer in the works to help heat the house. My goal is to only heat my house with raw processing power. Why pay $200 a month to heat my house with a radiator, when I can pay $200 a month to heat my house and further the pony cause. People have told me that you can't heat a home with computers. I assure you that those 3000 watts are going somewhere. The computer lab was the hottest room in our school.

According to the Folding FAHcontrol window:

Computer #1 is reporting 451,118 ppd
Computer #2 is reporting 334,765 ppd
Computer #3 is reporting 355,545 ppd

Computers 2 & 3 are pretty much the exact same build, except that #2 has a Quad 1.3GHz CPU and computer #3 has a Quad 2.03GHz cpu. I wonder if it's solely the CPU that's causing the difference. I will run it for a while to determine if that's the case, and possibly upgrade the slower one. These two CPUs were only $40 and $60 respectively.

Oh god, the stats are coming in, and they are glorious! Jumped all the way up to 4.2 million!

[Image: A7wBEbd.gif]
(2014-10-10, 05:19:03 PM)hiigaran Wrote: Oh god, the stats are coming in, and they are glorious! Jumped all the way up to 4.2 million!

Oops, My Bad Derpytongue2Derpytongue2Derpytongue2

Unfortuantely, I can't control my spending. I may have accidentally bought another R9 290x to add to the collection. That will bring me up to ten AMD R9 cards. I'd eventually like to trade them all in for some 295x2's. If someone will do me the honor of researching the PPD of one of those cards, that would be much appreciated. It should be roughly double the PPD of the 290x. Usually newer GPUs need to be on the market for a good few months before Folding becomes productive enough. I'd love to buy some Folding ASICS, like people get for mining, but those may not exist for awhile, if ever at all.

In other news, we are set to move UP the leaderboard this winter. By the time we wrap up winter, we should be at least three or four positions higher YayHeartYay

In other other news, I'm enjoying my new Data Furnace. Brony@Home successfully keeps my home over 30°C even with the outside temps just over 0°C (80°F inside/35°F outside) with no other heat sources. I actually have to keep a window open at times to keep from baking. Once it dips well below freezing, I may have to fire up the CPUs and do some BOINC.

More cards!?

...Well...There go my pants...

I see you're going to be my main competition once my rig is up...
"I'd love to buy some Folding ASICS, like people get for mining, but those may not exist for awhile, if ever at all."

A F@H ASIC would need to be able to run OpenCL, which would just make it a full GPU anyway.

F@H would see a 295X2 as just two 290Xs, just like it sees my 7990 as two 7970s.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=601870&c1=4A2463&c2=F2AB5...62F89&bg=1]

SOON