The human body contains at least 50,000 types of proteins.

F@H General Discussion
AFAIK the driver only crashes occasionally(say, once every one to two weeks) with GPU units. But I've stopped folding on my CPU slot, and the same thing happened(everything slows to a crawl) that happened when I was running both CPU and GPU. Except this time, rather than restarting the computer or BSODing, the graphics driver just crashed and everything was fine afterwards.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=602802&c1=FFFFFF&c2=00002...&c5=0C8ED0]
All I can really say is that I get driver crashes once or twice a month, myself. I used to get them much more frequently about a month or two ago, but currently, it isn't anywhere near as bad as that.

Performance dropping severely is to be expected, if the driver crashes, but does not recover. When those happen to me, I can't get Firefox to do anything without horrible lag (this was before I disabled my hardware acceleration, mind you).
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
Well, the driver is recovering just fine. I've never had it do otherwise. Only problem is that every new unit brings the threat of a driver crash or a BSOD now, and with 5-10 units rolling through per day, its hard to ignore.

As for the performance drop, its exactly opposite to that. First, everything starts lagging, then the driver crashes, and recovers. Or, everything starts lagging, the driver DOESN'T crash, and I get a BSOD.
What's the BSOD code?

Also, doesn't solve your problem, but it can reduce it if you haven't already done it...Have you set your max-packet-size to big?
How can I get that info from the Event Logs?

Also, haven't done that, is it just an extra flag you set in F@H config?
This should be an appropriate guide.

I just write them down when I see them (unless you have yours set to auto restart).
That's what I figured. Pretty sure this is my BSOD data:
Alrighty, got something to work with, I guess. At the moment, the most definite thing I can say is that this is not a software issue related to Windows. Doesn't entirely rule out software, though.

One probable cause is the PSU either overheating, overloading, or failing. What make and model is your PSU, and what CPU and GPU do you have?

Searching around on Google, it seems that this could also be related to your GPU, though hardware or software, I cannot say. What temperature does your GPU run at under load? Any overclocking?
Yeah, I looked it up a bit too, seems that code 278 has something to do with the graphics driver (re)starting, and in this case, if it doesn't, you get a BSOD.

PSU I'm pretty sure is fine, it doesn't get too hot AFAIK. Corsair 750W Gold certified.

GPU hovers around 50-55C while folding, and CPU I don't fold with anymore. I'm pretty sure its just the interaction between the GPU being under full load when the graphics driver crashes, and when it fails to restart properly, it causes a BSOD.
At this stage, I can really only suggest trying a beta driver, or rolling back.

EDIT: You said it doesn't happen on every single new work unit, right? Perhaps it's a specific project?
Could be that, yeah, but haven't really been able to check. Considering that this is a fairly recent development, certain units could be the issue, I guess I'll just have to wait and see, and hope it doesn't happen.

It should be noted that it has only happened while I'm using the computer.....or so I think. It may have happened while I was away, but my computer recovered the driver without a BSOD.
Well if the BSOD is being caused by a video driver issue, then it could be caused by something you are using during that time. What programs do you typically run, and do any of them use the GPU, or have hardware acceleration?
The apple group that is catching us: It is only one person, and this is what he is running (supposedly)

Quote:Postby jim.gluftsis » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:12 pm
Half the hardware I have access to is Mid 2010 Mac Pros 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeons.
The other half are Early 2009 Quad Cores.

Almost 400 boxes that are not always in use - unless I use them.

I am hoping to deploy some of those new Mac Pros this fall. The speed, the Thunderbolts are going to be necessary for resources needed.
Just don't think I'll see more than a dozen for a few years.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=Talifan9&FAHTeam=21...luttershy1]

Yeah, but he alternates between running for 4-5 different teams, so we should be okay.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=614439&c1=976aaf&c2=bab4a...&c5=976aaf]
Hello everyone! Just found out about this folding thing and wanted to help. Imagine my surprise to find a pony team!! So I am here to fold in the name of Celestia!!

SOON